- Experience Level
Part time, up to 29 hours/week, non-exempt position
ABOUT THE POSITION
Our innovative Employment Opportunities Program in Riverwoods is looking for an Employment Specialist (ES) to support members in their pursuit of vocational careers. The ES will conduct job development and job search activities directed towards positions that are individualized to the interests and uniqueness of those being served; provide oversight to each individual in acquiring and maintaining the necessary skills for appropriate job retention; and provide education and support to employers and potential employers.
The ES is an instrumental part of the members’ success and contributes to the development of their work/life balance. Many of our members are looking for their first job ever and the ES can help lead them down this path. The ES should serve as an appropriate role model and show respect to all our members, their parents and family members, staff and stakeholders.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
The Center for Enriched Living is a privately funded non-profit organization serving the social and recreational needs of people of all ages with developmental and intellectual disabilities. The Center is the place that brings friends and peers together – to benefit from life-long learning and enrichment, to enjoy social activities, and to be an active part of the community. The Center has been serving the Chicago-area for more than 44 years.
EVERY DAY YOU COME TO WORK AT CEL, YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE.
- An undergraduate degree in a human services field and at least 1 year of experience working in the supported/customized employment field with persons with intellectual and developmental disabilities OR the equivalent training and work experience related to intellectual/developmental disabilities and employment.
- Microsoft Office: Proficient
- May be required to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends.
- At least one-year experience working with people with developmental disabilities preferred.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Daily access to a personal vehicle is required. Must obtain and retain $100,000/$300,000/$100,000 bodily injury and liability insurance. Subject to validation every 6 months.
- Travel between job sites required.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
- Must be able to understand and speak English clearly and fluently.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to David Zimmerman at David@CenterforEnrichedLiving.org or c/o Center for Enriched Living, 280 Saunders, Riverwoods, IL 60015.