- Experience Level
Job Announcement: Programs Director
The Health and Human Resource Education Center (HHREC) is a non-profit organization located in Oakland’s Uptown district. HHREC is looking for an individual who has the ability to manage multiple tasks and prior experience in supervision and working with a management team. HHREC provides prevention and early intervention services with an emphasis on mental health wellness and recovery.
- Supervise program staff that includes developing work plans, schedules, approving vacation time and conducting performance reviews.
- Assess needs and coordinate staff trainings in the areas of program and professional development.
- Facilitate a monthly Program Services meeting.
- Provide individual program supervision meetings 1-2 times a month and as needed.
- Assure program records and databases are up to date for all programs.
- Coordinate the submission of quarterly and annual reports in a timely manner.
- Produce a quarterly/bi annual digital program newsletter for distribution.
- Provide with quarterly program updates to the Board of Directors
- Attend meetings with funders and additional duties as assigned.
- A college degree or 3-5 years working in community based organizations and a minimum of 2 years of demonstrated supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated ability in working with a management team.
- Familiarity with mental health, substance use disorders, and community based provider networks and resources is highly desirable
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to consult, negotiate and interact effectively with a diverse range of people.
- Prior experience with community based event planning.
- Knowledge of community based resources and service provider networks.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to create forms for the purpose of program evaluation and tracking data.
- Ability to assess administrative work demands, shift priorities and adapt to competing deadlines.
- Ability to provide oral and written reports on program services, challenges, and trends.
- Strong competency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Google tools including Gmail, Google calendar and Google drive, Survey Monkey, Eventbrite, Social Media (Facebook and Twitter)
- Experience using Drop Box, Google Docs and Outlook Calendar.
- Possess the ability to create a system to manage multiple tasks and provide updating information to a management team.
- Possess a valid California driver’s license and have the ability to travel as needed.
The Programs Director is a .80 fte position and offers a competitive salary, health benefits, one telecommute day, sick days and vacation. The position reports directly to the Executive Director.
For interview consideration, please submit a resume with a cover letter to Marshawn Harris @ firstname.lastname@example.org. This job announcement closes at the end of business on February 16, 2018