Donor and Community Relations Associate
3 days left
- Position Type
- Full Time
Supervised by the Director of Development Operations, this individual and works closely with the Director, the Executive Director and interacts frequently with Foundation and hospital leadership, Major/Planned Giving unit, Hospital accounting and public relations departments, as well as medical, clinical and operational departments.
Responsible for planning and implementing volunteer-managed, third-party fundraisings events; works closely with volunteer committees and leaders and assists in all levels of planning, providing administrative support, marketing, including social media, print collateral and deliverables, and solicits sponsorships and in-kind donations to the events; supports and assists Foundation and Public Relations staff with the Foundation social media accounts and activities; represents Shepherd Center at community relations events and presentations; works closely with Foundation leadership to schedule, plan and coordinate VIP Donor tours and Major Donor cultivation and stewardship events.
Third Party Events
• Coordinates/oversees the Center’s existing Third-Party fundraising events including Shepherd’s Men, SHARE a Laugh, golf tournaments, etc.
• Fields inquiries about proposed third-party events, evaluate and makes recommendations to Director of Development Operations.
• Works with volunteers/committees to ensure all aspects of the events are coordinated and implemented to Center expectations and on schedule.
• Works closely with the event volunteer committees; attends planning meetings with volunteers when appropriate and manages follow-up activities and action plans.
• Helps coordinate solicitations to past sponsors and prospective sponsors.
• Develops budgets, analyzes budget versus actual income and expenses for each event, and prepares related financial statements to control costs and maximize net proceeds.
• Ensures all printed materials for special events are consistently and accurately prepared
• and distributed to the correct mailing lists. When appropriate, assists with coordination of Coordinates graphic design, and production of a variety of printed and electronic media materials for special events.
• Ensures sponsorships/gifts are posted to database and acknowledged in a timely manner.
• Meets event fundraising goals and maintains expenses within 25% of Gross Revenue.
• Creates and maintains accurate donor records in database.
• Enters appropriate personal and business information in donor and volunteer records.
Donor Cultivation and Stewardship
• Arranges tours, cultivation events, and other activities involving major donors, major donor prospects, and various boards’ members.
• Involved in the planning and implementation of donor cultivation events and other special projects as assigned.
Social Media and Community Relations
• Assists and supports Foundation staff in planning and implementing Foundation Social Media and community relations.
• Assists and supports volunteers and committees in planning and implementing social media, Public Relations, marketing collateral development project management.
• Assists volunteers with development of web-based giving and event management sites (CrowdRise, EventBrite, BidPal, etc.).
• When appropriate, assist with the planning and attend community relations and awareness-building events (Peachtree Roadrace Expo, check presentations, etc.).
• Four year degree from an accredited college.
• Experience with working or volunteering with special fundraising events, fundraising, and working with volunteers.
• Strong customer service, organizational and time management skills.
• Excellent team building, communication and interpersonal skills, as well as aptitude for conflict resolution and problem-solving.
• Ability to demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills and possess excellent attention to detail.
• Exceptional computer skills in MS Office, email and social media platforms.
Located in Atlanta, Georgia, Shepherd Center is a private, not-for-profit 152-bed hospital specializing in medical treatment, research and rehabilitation for people with spinal cord injury, brain injury, multiple sclerosis, spine and chronic pain, and other neuromuscular conditions.
Shepherd Center has been recognized once again as one of the top 10 rehabilitation hospitals in the nation by U.S. News & World Report in their 2017-2018 Best Hospitals ranking and also recognized as the Atlanta Business Chronicle’s #2 Best Place to Work in the extra-large company (500-plus employees) category.
Shepherd Center is a high-performing organization that offers rewarding careers, as well as competitive compensation and benefits, a diverse workplace culture, enlightened leadership and professional growth opportunities.
For more information and to apply online, visit Shepherd.org/employment