Associate Digital Communications Strategist
- Experience Level
Execute and optimize game-changing digital communications programs for top nonprofits, brands, cultural institutions and political organizations.
Blue State Digital seeks someone to develop state-of-the-art online programs that build membership, raise money, foster community and drive participation. If you’re looking to leverage the power of digital to create change, then read on.
Inspired by our agency’s roots on the presidential campaign trail, our work is about building authentic relationships with consumers. We cut through the typical marketing speak, talk with people about the things they care about and make it fun. We work smart, we work fast—and we get results.
The Digital Communications Associate supports the development and execution of direct response programs, ensuring they are flawless and optimized. The Associate takes our clients’ digital communications programs from concept to reality, implementing the targeted, data-driven approach that has underpinned BSD’s successful online campaigns for nearly a decade.
- Write razor-sharp copy for email, web pages, social media, SMS and more.
- Produce and QA emails in the BSD Tools and other mass mailing platforms.
- Build action and content pages using the BSD Tools and our native CMS.
- Implement complex segmentation strategies through constituent database management and list cutting.
- Coordinate with web analysts to develop and execute A/B testing plans on email and on-site.
- Hone specialized expertise in specific areas of online communications, such as fundraising, SMS, advocacy and many more.
As an Associate Communications Strategist, you'll be a part of the global Content and Campaigns team. Made of up of many talented writers, fundraisers, and internet obsessives, this team is responsible for turning overall strategies into actionable plans and compelling copy.
The things we're looking for
- Strong writing, copy-editing and proofreading skills on short deadlines
- Experience building and sending emails through major ESPs/CRM, particularly bulk email software like BSD Tools, Convio, Salsa, SilverPop, etc
- Familiarity with popular CMSs
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Basic knowledge of HTML (coding expertise not necessary)
- Awareness of all major and emerging social channels — including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, Pinterest, Snapchat, and LinkedIn — and how they serve different user needs
- Ability to manage many different projects at once, from assignment to delivery
- Work well with a variety of departments and key actors. This is a team atmosphere - you're not going solo
- Ability to effectively sell your ideas to internal teams and clients
- 1-3 years working in digital marketing for a political campaign, non-profit organization or corporation
- Experience managing constituent databases
- Experience with BSD Tools
Blue State Digital is a purpose-driven creative and tech agency. We transform how brands and causes engage their most important people. From Google to UNICEF, from Obama to MIT, from Tate Modern to Ford Motor Company, Blue State Digital helps grow communities, build platforms, and transform organizations for the digital age. Led by the most creative and analytical minds from the political, nonprofit, and brand worlds, Blue State Digital is a part of WPP Digital and has more than 200 employees in six offices around the world.