Regional Executive Director, Southeast Region
- Experience Level
Our client, an innovative education nonprofit, is seeking its first Southeast Regional Executive Director to lead the organization through its next exciting phase of growth. The Regional Executive Director will have the overall responsibility of implementing the organization’s strategic growth plan in multiple markets, ensuring long-term sustainability, stewarding key stakeholders, and achieving successful program outcomes in the Southeast region.
The ideal candidate is a strategic leader and communicator with a track record of successfully raising funds, engaging a variety of stakeholders and managing staff. Further, the ideal candidate is highly entrepreneurial, a self-starter and enthusiastic about the mission.
This key position is part of the organization’s Senior Leadership Team, and reports to the Vice President of Regional Operations & Impact.
This is a unique opportunity to launch a national organization in a new region, to contribute to academic achievement through innovative education, and to work with a dedicated team of talented professionals across the U.S.
- Lead the organization’s growth in the Southeast Region, identifying new markets in the region, anchor partners and early investors
- Develop and lead the region’s program and fundraising strategy and community engagement events to achieve ambitious revenue goals
- Build and motivate a thriving team to achieve goals, and create a positive work culture that supports excellence and reinforces the organization’s core values
- Identify, build, engage and lead members of the regional advisory board to leverage their talents and energy across relevant aspects of the organization
- Identify and develop partnerships with school districts and schools in Atlanta and throughout the Southeast
- In collaboration with the national education team, ensure programs achieve clear, measurable results and the impact is evaluated and communicated
- In collaboration with national departmental leaders, ensure effective and efficient processes and outcomes related to Marketing and Communications, HR, IT, and Facilities
- Lead annual planning in the region, including development and oversight of the regional budget
- Ensure compliance with all contracts, MOUs and agreements
- Maintain and elevate the REAL School Gardens brand and reputation in Atlanta and the Southeast region among public, private and nonprofit stakeholder groups
- Serve as a thought leader, spokesperson and driver of strategic partnerships in relevant education circles
- Bachelor’s degree required and at least 7+ years of professional experience in progressively senior positions and with a track record of leading high-performing teams
- Proven ability to fundraise/close deals and generate significant revenue returns
- A strategic thinker with experience operationalizing a vision into a realistic work plan
- A proven ability to move initiatives forward, identify opportunities, take reasonable risks, manage challenges, and achieve the desired results
- Outstanding leadership skills and excellent communication, public speaking and persuasive skills
- A demonstrated innovative and entrepreneurial background
- A skilled leader with an ability to motivate, coach, and develop an experienced staff and board
- Superb strategic communication skills and the proven ability to empower a diverse set of key stakeholders
- Positive, optimistic, and energetic personality
- Confident and inclusive leadership style
- A sense of humor and perspective
How to Apply
No agency or third-party candidates will be considered for this position.
Please submit a cover letter and resume, in a Word or PDF format.