Director of Volunteer Recruitment
- Experience Level
BIG BROTHERS BIG SISTERS OF METRO ATLANTA
Job title: Director of Volunteer Recruitment
The Director of Volunteer Recruitment is responsible for establishing meaningful corporate and community partnerships that create a pipeline of volunteers, as well as children and youth, for the agency’s mentoring programs. The Director of Volunteer Recruitment will set the strategy for long-term and short-term growth in volunteer recruitment, and manage key relationships which will drive that growth. This position will work closely with the resource development team in identifying and cultivating corporate prospects.
- Design and implement a multi-year volunteer recruitment plan to support the goals of the agency’s strategic plan.
- Analyze the need for volunteers based on geography, gender, and special needs of children on the waiting list, and establish meaningful partnerships to help meet that need.
- Build awareness of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Metro Atlanta through presentations, speaking engagements, in-person meetings, and networking with corporations, schools/educators, civic organizations, faith-based institutions and other community groups.
- Manage the Recruitment Committee of the Young Leaders Council, so that their efforts add value to the agency’s recruiting plan.
- Analyze volunteer recruitment methods and strategies to determine effectiveness, and adjust plans accordingly.
- Create and cultivate partnerships with corporations, civic organizations, colleges, faith communities and other groups in order to recruit volunteers and raise awareness.
- Manage online recruitment sources.
- Work with Marketing Manager to create print materials and website/social media messaging for volunteer recruitment.
- Create and cultivate partnership with schools, non-profits and other organizations for the referrals of children.
- Lead and/or participate in agency information sessions, open houses, and orientation events both on and off site.
- Track and evaluate results of recruitment and outreach efforts. Provide weekly, monthly, and quarterly progress reports for both volunteer recruitment and youth outreach efforts and forecast returns on upcoming efforts.
- Participate in Agency events and perform additional tasks assigned by the Vice President of Program Services.
- Supervise the Recruitment Specialist and other staff members as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Education, Marketing, Communications or related field.
Schedule: Must be able and willing to work nights as needed and two Saturdays per month.
Knowledge Requirements: Excellent written and verbal skills, knowledge of Microsoft Office; self-starter who can work independently and take initiative; is flexible, adaptable, and organized.
Preferred Credentials: Bi-lingual (Conversational Spanish)
Experience: Minimum 3-5 years working in sales, non-profit, or volunteer management. Management experience preferred.
Special Information: Must have vehicle and valid driver’s license. Job requires frequent travel throughout Metro Atlanta.