Fundraising Associate, American Friends of Hand in Hand: Center for Jewish-Arab Education in Israel
- Experience Level
Posted by American Friends of Hand in Hand: Center for Jewish-Arab Education in Israel
Job Title & Type:
Full-time or part-time; with flexible hours
November 10, 2017
A major metropolitan area with population that has demonstrated commitment to Jewish philanthropy; for example: New York, Boston, Philadelphia, Washington DC, Chicago, Los Angeles, etc.
Position will regularly require travel within the United States and Canada. Other international travel will be required only in exceptional circumstances.
Employee must be adaptable to flexible office arrangements: either work from home office with appropriate equipment and high-speed internet connection or shared commercial office space or other comparable arrangement.
American Friends of Hand in Hand (AFHiH) is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization whose mission is to promote coexistence, partnership and shared society between Jewish and Arab citizens of Israel, primarily by raising financial support and public awareness for the integrated bilingual schools and shared communities operating under the auspices of Hand in Hand: Center for Jewish-Arab Education in Israel (HiH). HiH currently operates schools in 6 Israeli cities, with over 1750 Jewish and Arab students enrolled and thousands of adults participating in shared community activities. For more information about HiH and AFHiH, please visit our websites and Facebook pages:
Primary Functions of the Position:
We are seeking a dedicated and experienced professional to work in tandem with the Executive Director on all aspects of AFHiH activities, with a primary emphasis on fundraising strategy and implementation, public communication, and administration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with Executive Director and members of the HiH team in Israel to develop and implement overall US fundraising strategy
- Independently identify and solicit new donor prospects and enhance relationships with current donors (including board members)
- Plan, organize and implement fundraising events hosted by AFHiH and others (including board members) in cities across the US
- Provide scheduling, organizational and logistical support for US fundraising trips by members of the HiH team in Israel (both professional and volunteer)
- Participate in the development and implementation of public communication and outreach strategies through website and social media
- Provide administrative support for board meetings and calls and participate in board meetings as requested
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
- Commitment to the educational, social change and coexistence-building mission of HiH and AFHiH
- Relevant experience commensurate with position –
- Experience in fundraising strategy development and implementation with non-profit organizations (experience in Jewish philanthropy a plus)
- Experience with development and implementation of public communications strategies, including use of internet and social media
- Other administrative and managerial experience
- Friendly, outgoing personality and excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills, both oral, and written (knowledge of Hebrew and/or Arabic a plus)
- Strong organizational skills, with ability to integrate big picture strategies with operational details
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (experience with donor data base/CRM software a plus)
- Ability to work independently and also as part of a team.
- Bachelor’s degree or more advanced education
Salary negotiable, commensurate with experience and agreed upon work schedule (full-time or part-time)
How to apply:
Submit cover letter and resume electronically to email@example.com
Please do not call our office in response to this job offering
NO AGENCIES PLEASE