Senior Major Gifts Manager
- Experience Level
Do you have a desire to impact the lives of other and work for the world’s largest charitable organization that is “doing the most good?” The Salvation Army Metro Atlanta Area Command has a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Major Gifts Manager.
The Salvation Army operates in communities across the United States. We are committed to meeting human needs wherever we can by providing food distribution, disaster relief, rehabilitation centers, anti-human trafficking efforts, housing for homeless, children’s programs and many other programs.
This Fund-raising management position will lead a team of four major gift professionals, and will raise funds to enable the Mission of The Salvation Army by aggressively developing and nurturing current and prospective donors, including individuals, foundations and corporations. The incumbent will ensure the team’s successful progress by; achieving/surpassing annual fund-raising goals, developing and nurturing a donor portfolio, and maintaining a CRM Plan. Additionally, they will work with advisory organization members, Salvation Army staff, and Officers.
The successful candidate must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- 5 years’ experience performing progressively responsible fund-raising work
- Recent experience successfully working with leadership in a capital campaign environment
- 3+ years of successful management experience in the fund-raising field
- Considerable experience with a donor/contact management system (CRM)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Track record of achieving goals and quotas
- Experience developing relationships with the expressed purpose of causing a prescribed action outcome
- Strong desire to work for the mission and cause of The Salvation Army
- CFRE Certification preferred
The Salvation Army recognizes that peace of mind is important to our employees and their families. Because of this, we offer a competitive salary, full health coverage, retirement, professional development, and paid time off!
For consideration please send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Candidates should recognize that The Salvation Army is a Church and agree that they will do nothing as an employee of The Salvation Army to undermine its religious mission.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled