Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) Program Manager
- Experience Level
Earthjustice is the premier nonprofit environmental law organization. We take on the biggest, most precedent-setting cases across the country. We wield the power of law and the strength of partnership to protect people’s health; to preserve magnificent places and wildlife; to advance clean energy; and to combat climate change. We partner with thousands of groups, supporters, individuals and communities to engage the critical environmental issues of our time, and bring about positive change. We are here because the earth needs a good lawyer.
Founded in 1971, Earthjustice has a distinguished track record of achieving significant, lasting environmental protections. We achieve this by hiring people who share a passion for justice and a healthy environment. Our headquarters are in San Francisco with offices in Anchorage, Juneau, Los Angeles, Tallahassee, Miami, Honolulu, New York, Philadelphia, Denver, Seattle, Bozeman, and Washington, DC.
We are looking for an exceptional Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Manager to join us in continuing to build and become a world class DEI program. We are a small, effective team responsible for leading DEI efforts across the organization. The DEI Manager will work closely with and report to the Vice President of Diversity & Inclusion. They will also work closely with multiple executives across our senior leadership team. They will have experience and proven success in supporting the development and implementation of learning activities to educate employees utilizing the appropriate pedagogy for the organization. They will have the ability to make data informed decisions for short and long term organizational training needs. The successful candidate will also have experience in managing DEI initiatives across a multi-site, multi-program organization. This job will be located in San Francisco, CA or Washington, D.C.
For more information on our DEI Program, please visit our website here.
- Support and report to the Vice President of Diversity & Inclusion and work closely with all of the members of the Senior Leadership Team in the implementation of Earthjustice’s DEI program goals and initiatives.
- Implement DEI annual goals including hiring, promotions, diversification of partners, donors & funders, internal culture, training and employee engagement & recognition.
- Collect, analyze and effectively summarize data to help inform important decisions for multiple audiences.
- Partnering with the Vice President of Diversity & Inclusion and members of the senior leadership team, co-facilitate workgroup meetings focused on successfully achieving and implementing DEI organizational goals.
- Partner with DEI Project Manager to ensure completion of DEI organizational goals.
- Assist Vice President of Diversity & Inclusion in implementing meaningful and sustained organizational change.
- Model Earthjustice’s core values of justice, partnership, excellence and inclusion.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Manage communications for the DEI Program which may include writing blog posts, creating language for internal and external websites and contributing to newsletters.
- Draft internal DEI related communication for staff and external communications for prospective employees, current partners, clients and environmental communities.
- Develop presentations & talking points and may present to internal and external audiences, as appropriate.
TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT
- Manage the scoping, development and implementation of the organization’s DEI short term and long term training program in consultation with the Vice President of Diversity & Inclusion.
- Determine timeline and prioritization of organizational training needs.
- Assess appropriate pedagogy for the organization.
- Manage monthly heritage and other DEI related speaker series.
- Collaborate with Human Resources to assess how DEI training fits in with organization-wide training.
- Manage request for proposal (RFP) process to identify training vendors for all staff DEI related training.
- College degree preferred, master’s degree a plus.
- 2-5 years’ experience in a related position.
- Experience in training and development a plus.
- Experience in program development and evaluation a plus.
- Must possess working knowledge of current diversity, equity and inclusion theories and practices.
- Change management experience with proven success in designing and implementing meaningful organizational change.
- Experience facilitating meetings that have positive impact on overall goals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Focus on attention to detail, including the management of complex information.
- Ability to collect, interpret and persuasively utilize data.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to deeply listen and empathize with others.
- Ability to maintain confidences and confidential information.
- Proven ability to build sustainable relationships throughout the organization.
- Demonstrates an awareness and sensitivity to the needs and concerns of individuals from diverse cultures, backgrounds and orientations.
- Contributes to the creation of a diverse, equitable and inclusive work culture that encourages and celebrates differences.
We offer a mission- and employee-focused work environment and a competitive compensation package, including excellent benefits. Earthjustice is an equal opportunity employer and highly values diversity.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume online via the Jobvite system.
Click here to apply online: https://app.jobvite.com/j?aj=olsd6fwQ&s=work_for_good
Please reach out to email@example.com if you are having technical difficulties submitting your application. No phone calls, drop-ins, or hard copies.
Earthjustice is driven by a passion for justice, partnership, and excellence. Our core values lead us to seek a broad range of perspectives and backgrounds to achieve our mission and to maintain an inclusive environment where all staff are valued and respected. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to employment practices that ensure that employees and applicants for employment are provided with equal opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other factor that is not related to the position.