Development Operations Manager
- Experience Level
The Development Operations Manager is charged with the successful and efficient operation of key Development Department functions: donor database management, budget planning & oversight, prospect research, pipeline development, segmentation & assignments, analytics and office administration.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the Raiser’s Edge database, its maintenance and integration with external databases and overall functionality including performance of periodic database maintenance to ensure that data is up-to-date and lacking duplicate records.
- Document best practices and enforce protocol for data entry to assure donor data is accurate.
- Provide training, strategic direction, daily oversight, and support for prospect development through donor systems such as Raiser’s Edge, MobileCause, EverTrue, School Admin etc.
- Work closely with IT and Blackbaud to ensure Raiser’s Edge database is up to date and has the latest upgrades and enhancements.
- Support and oversee data entry, production of mailing and emailing lists and other reports as needed by the department and organization.
- Proactively explore automation and enhancements where possible.
Budget Planning and Oversight
- Work closely with the finance department to oversee all bank deposits, donor transactions and regular monthly and annual reconciliations.
- Assist finance department with documentation needed for annual audit.
- Generate regular financial reports and analyze data to monitor progress toward goals. (e.g. annual fund, parent pledge, campaign, etc.)
- Manage tracking of donor pledges and pledge payments including status and annual payment reminders for donors in multi‐year pledges. Produce reports as needed for pledge status, payments to date, and write‐offs for finance department.
- Oversee budgeting and deliverables for external vendors that provide resources for Development’s ongoing operation.
Prospect Research, Pipeline Development & Analytics
- Work closely with the Executive Director of Advancement to build cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies utilizing wealth screening and other prospect research tools to support campaigns.
- Create and manage a system of metrics and strategies to assist Executive Director of Advancement in measuring overall performance toward annual and campaign goals. Track progress with FY revenue targets and oversee the creation of custom revenue reports.
- Manage donor acknowledgement, recognition and stewardship program such as all acknowledgement letters, thank-a-thon, annual report, tax statements, etc.
- Administer all online giving programs, third party online fundraisers, and peer‐to‐peer giving campaigns.
- Manage the work of data entry staff and oversee daily operations in the office including gift processing, acknowledgments, office supplies, etc.
- Work closely with the Executive Director of Advancement to manage the office calendar, schedule donor meetings and events.
- Provide support for the Executive Director with meetings and receptions.
- Oversee management of volunteers, interns and work study students.
- Lead by example, fostering a culture of high-performance and teamwork among staff and colleagues.
- Support the Development Office in creating the annual strategic plan objectives and develop annual goals and objectives for individual giving.
- Work in a team environment on department activities and initiatives.
- Additional work assigned by the Executive Director as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred or direct related experience demonstrating data management and customer service skills.
- Minimum of 5 years of development operations experience in fundraising department.
- Proven track record as an effective manager, supervisor, and mentor. Significant budget oversight experience.
- Demonstrated leadership in high-performing, fast-paced professional environment.
- Highly skilled in Raiser’s Edge and Research Tools.
- Highly skilled in analyzing potential donors.
- Experience using research tools and analyzing potential donors.
- Successful track record with database conversions.
- Excellent communication and time management skills required.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with a meticulous attention to detail; strong planning skills, including the ability to anticipate tasks, set priorities, meet deadlines and function smoothly under strict deadlines and shifting priorities.
- Sound computer skills including: PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Google
- Strong team player who also works well independently.
- Capacity to develop and maintain positive and productive relationships with vendors, donors, volunteers, Board of Directors and staff.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as necessary.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced school environment.
Desired Knowledge and Abilities:
- Experience with classroom tools such as Power School, School Admin.