- Experience Level
About the Organization
Alliance for Girls’ mission is to ensure girl-serving organizations are more connected, more effective and better able to prepare the girls of today to be the leaders, agents of change and thriving women of tomorrow. This mission is achieved through research, capacity building, collaboration and policy advocacy.
As the nation’s largest regional alliance of girls’ organizations, AFG has a growing membership of more than 100 non-profit organizations serving more than 300,000 girls and young women annually in the San Francisco Bay Area. The Alliance is a collaborative and innovative network, building the necessary complexity and collective power to holistically meet girls’ needs and eliminate systemic barriers to their success.
About the Position
The Program Director is expected to manage and develop a robust range of programs that build the capacity of girl-serving organizations and systems to better meet the expressed needs of girls and young women. The successful candidate is an entrepreneurial leader who is able to work with diverse stakeholders including Alliance members (girl-serving nonprofits and professionals), school administrators and site leaders, young women leaders and more. This person is adept at mapping existing resources, developing and implementing collaborative programs that engage diverse expertise, and creating capacity building initiatives for institutions both large and small. At Alliance for Girls it is rarely about being the expert - it’s about knowing and engaging the right expert in the right context.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage AFG’s Meeting Girls Needs Initiative (MGN): liaise with key school district and school site leadership; design and manage the implementation of MGN policies, practices and programs, created by AFG members and girl leaders for school districts; and use a train the trainer model to implement MGN strategies in school sites throughout the district.
- Manage young women and AFG member committees to inform and guide program design and implementation.
- Work with AFG team to design and implement member-facing programs including workshops, conferences and trainings.
- Work with AFG Executive Director to create and implement replication strategies for successful AFG programs.
- Develop and manage data-driven systems to measure and report on program outcomes, successes and learnings.
- Maintain appropriate fiscal controls to ensure all programs are within the scope of the annual budget.
- Provide program-specific input to funding proposals.
- Develop and implement communications strategies for each AFG program, to support fulfillment of programmatic and agency-wide objectives.
- Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Related experience including at least three years in a managerial role, experience developing capacity building programs for nonprofits or school districts, or working within membership associations and/or networks is a plus
- A BA/BS diploma or equivalent experience is required
- MA in public administration, nonprofit administration, public policy or communications is a plus
The Program Director reports to the Executive Director. AFG is an equal opportunity employer. It offers a competitive benefits package and salary commensurate with experience.
Please submit cover letter, resume, 3 references and a writing sample to email@example.com.