Development Director - Park Pride
- Degree Level
Park Pride is seeking a highly motivated, organized and strategic thinker to grow and manage Park Pride’s fundraising effort. The Development Director leads the development team, managing the Development Manager and Development Associate. The position reports directly to the Executive Director and works closely with the Associate Director, the Marketing and Communications Manager, and other members of the Park Pride staff as well as the board of directors.
Responsibilities: This is a full-time position with additional weekend and evening hours as needed. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work with Executive Director, Development Manager and Fund Development Committee to develop and implement a comprehensive fund development plan to support the organization's growth
- Maximize the effectiveness of Park Pride’s development team and board members in cultivating, securing and stewarding a diverse array of funding streams (individual, corporate, foundation, event, contract, and fee-for-service)
- Increase the level and number of ongoing corporate and individual supporters
- Manage the development team in an inclusive and collaborative manner
- Oversee annual campaign, foundation grants, online giving, event sponsorship, donor database management, donor and prospect research, donor care, performance analytics and other elements of Park Pride’s Development Program
- Serve as staff lead for the Fund Development Committee
- Develop goals, strategies & communications to create a fundraising culture at Park Pride
- Coordinate internally to ensure Park Pride’s communications support fundraising goals
- Represent the organization at meetings, community events and speaking engagements
- Other projects and duties as assigned by the Executive Director
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Five to seven (5-7+) years of professional fundraising experience
- Ability to construct, articulate and implement a strategic fundraising plan
- Proven track record in securing major funding commitments
- Ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and build long-term relationships
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong organizational skills; experience managing others
- Flexible and adaptable style; a leader who can positively impact both strategic and tactical fundraising initiatives
- Ability to work both independently without close supervision, but also a team player who will productively engage with others
- High energy and passion for Park Pride’s mission
Organizational Background & Context
Park Pride is an Atlanta-based nonprofit founded in 1989. Our mission is to engage communities to activate the power of parks. We value the wisdom of local experience. Community is at the center of the work we do. Most of our programs and services focus on fostering engagement at the local level to support local neighborhood parks within the City of Atlanta and DeKalb County. Park Pride’s strategic priorities are to: increase resources available for parks, deepen the impact of our services and increase organizational capacity.
We have 105 active Friends of the Park groups engaged with 116 parks. Last year, our 6,300 volunteers provided 20,000 hours of volunteer service at 370 park improvement projects. Park Pride is also actively building parks through a re-granting program funded by three longstanding supporters. In 2017, this program funded upgrades to 17 Atlanta and DeKalb County parks. Through our Parks and Greenspace Conference and other education and advocacy opportunities, our influence extends to the Atlanta region and, increasingly, to other cities.
To submit an application for this position, log onto: www.ourfundraisingsearch.com and submit your resume and cover letter. If you have application questions, please
email them to email@example.com.
Park Pride is an Equal Opportunity Employer. To learn more about Park Pride, visit www.parkpride.org.