Annual Fund Coordinator
- Experience Level
The Annual Fund Coordinator is responsible for implementing administrative and donor-related activities for Vision of Hope’s annual fund campaign. Primary responsibilities include outreach and communication to mid-level donors, lapsed donors, and young professionals for increased support and participation in Day at the Races, Advisory Boards, Development Boards, and volunteer school support.
Reports to: Executive Director
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage database to populate strategies – Major donors, mid-level, foundations, etc.
- Implement on-going personal/written/phone contact with mid-level donors and potential donors.
- Develop and implement a strategy for bringing back lapsed donors
- Develop and implement a strategy for enlisting new donors in the Bay Area and Los Angeles especially through Board referrals
- Staff lead for special events such as/but not limited to: Northern and Southern Day at the Races. This includes coordination of all event committees and volunteers.
- In collaboration with the Marketing Director develop annual fundraising content for the website and in Vision of Hope’s social media.
- Produce monthly reports on the status of annual fund for the Executive Director
Shared Responsibilities with the Executive Director
- Develop the case for the annual fund (also include Marketing Director)
- Recruit and manage volunteers to engage major donors
- Develop and execute an annual campaign development plan with specific benchmarks for segments of Vision of Hope’s donor base
- Design and prepare direct mail appeals for the annual fund
- Prepare Annual Report themes, stories, and relevant school data
- Oversight of timely and accurate gift processing
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proficiency in Donor Perfect software
- Minimum three years’ development experience, including annual campaigns.
- Passion for inner city Catholic education and the ability to support the Mission of the Dominican Sisters of Mission San Jose
- Knowledge of fund development principles and public relations.
Skills and Attributes
- Strong organizational, administration, telephone and interpersonal communication skills, detail and “big picture” oriented.
- Strong word processing, desktop publishing, and spreadsheet experience.
- Skill in preparing written reports and presentations.
- Solid writing, editing and presentation ability.
- Professional demeanor, flexible and able to respond to multiple demands.
- Able and willing to take responsibility.
- Must have auditory, visual, and physical skills to be able to perform tasks as outlined in this job description.
- Flexible and able to respond to multiple demands.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hand and fingers, reach with hands and fingers, talk and hear, use the phone and computer
- The employee much be able to climb stairs, stoop, kneel, or crouch
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Traveling to Los Angeles at least once per month