- Experience Level
The Executive Director is the key management leader of the organization. The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs and strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, and community outreach. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors. All NAPPR employees are expected to demonstrate integrity and focus on NAPPR’s mission throughout all aspects of their work.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Works with board to fulfill the organization mission.
- Responsible for leading NAPPR Inc in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
- Provides accurate and timely reports to, and communicates regularly with the Board of Directors regarding progress toward organization strategic goals/objectives, financial position, accomplishments and challenges along with recommending new strategies/approaches.
- Financial Performance and Viability: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of NAPPR Inc, to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
- Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
- Responsible for fundraising and developing other resources necessary to support NAPPR Inc’s mission.
- Oversees, supervises and evaluates all Department Directors in implementing departmental functions, programs, services and activities in accordance/compliance with internal and external policies, procedures, regulations, standards and guidelines.
- Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that NAPPR Inc can successfully fulfill its mission into the future.
- Leads the organization in developing new and innovative methods to achieve the mission and vision through opportunities for new business development, new revenue development strategies, and new partnerships/collaborations.
- Directs, guides and approves the development of funding applications/grants, internal organizational systems, draft policies/procedures, internal/external reports and other documents foundational to organizational operations and compliance.
- Ensures NAPPR’s involvement in community events, activities and networking opportunities for continued public awareness of NAPPR’s mission and vision to increase participation in services and attract potential donors/supporters/funders.
- Advocates for systems and funding to support quality services and support to stakeholders within various audiences, continuously seeking new opportunities and mechanisms for achieving the organizational mission and vision through a variety of strategies.
- Ensures that appropriate risk management policies, procedures, plans and mechanisms of protection are in place, seeking legal and other specialized guidance as appropriate.
- Oversee marketing and other communication efforts.
- Maintains the organizational balance between providing human services with compassion and the business/infrastructure needs of the organization to remain solvent and viable within a relationship-based framework—resulting in a mission driven, fiscally sound and dynamic nonprofit organization.