Director of Signature Events
- Position Type
- Full Time
Job Title: Director of Signature Events
Reports To: Vice President of Corporate and Event Development
Posting Date: September 6, 2017
About Make-A-Wish® Georgia:
Since 1995, Make-A-Wish Georgia has been granting the wishes of local children with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience through hope, strength, and joy. In those 20 years, nearly 7,000 lives have been impacted by the “Power of a Wish™.” Make-A-Wish Georgia is a movement, powered by you, to renew families and communities disrupted by serious childhood illness. We all have the power to make wishes comes true. To learn how you can become a part of the story, visit www.georgia.wish.org.
Overview of Position:
The Director of Signature Events is responsible for building a strategy to ensure events are successfully developed to achieve the targeted revenue goals for Walk For Wishes, Tournament of Wishes, and our Wish Ball.
Under the leadership of the VP of Corporate and Event Development, the Director of Signature Events provides event leadership for the overall fundraising strategic plan to enhance Make-A-Wish Georgia’s ability to grant wishes and engage the community.
The Director of Signature Events will have direct supervision of a Manager of Signature Events.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement revenue strategies to achieve stated goals for annually produced internal special events in collaboration with the Director of Corporate Development; including, but not limited to, securing sponsorships for the events.
- Oversees managers assigned to MAW internal fundraising events or programs such as the Walk For Wishes, Tournament of Wishes and Wish Ball.
- Partners with the Marketing and Communications team to develop and implement PR plans for events and event sponsors.
- Director will have direct oversight of one of our signature events and lead the team that will oversee other signature events across Georgia.
- Manages & helps to recruit special event committees which includes volunteer orientations, assignments, and follow ups.
- Secure and recognize high level corporate sponsorships for events including strategic collaboration with the Directors of Corporate Development.
- Coordinates donor recognition events in collaboration with the entire Development team.
- Increase revenue from signature events with new and innovative fundraising strategies.
- Establish an annual corporate partnership program for all events with a tailored and customized ask for each corporation.
- Oversee development of sponsorship recognition and benefits at various levels of engagement.
- Create annual budgets for execution of signature events.
- Assist in developing and implementing the strategic fundraising plan and revenue budget.
- Coaching the events team on setting successful strategies, and developing each one of them as individual team members.
- Ensure that the corporate donor records in Raiser’s Edge database are current and maintained so that the data has a high degree of accuracy.
- Assist in cultivating and managing strategic donor/volunteer relationships.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Ability to travel across Georgia required.
- Bachelor of Arts or Sciences or comparable experience required.
- Minimum 7 years’ of experience in non-profit development with an established track record of successfully soliciting, managing, and growing fundraising events.
- Minimum of 5 years’ of experience in managing high functioning teams, with a proven ability to inspire and motivate others.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in creating, executing, and managing highly successful fundraising events.
- Requires excellent project management, customer service, interpersonal, writing/presentation skills, and attention to detail.
- Professional and polished image with a comfort in dealing with corporate executive teams.
- Highly professional and able to work successfully with a wide variety of constituents including donors, board members, volunteers, and professional consultants.
- High levels of integrity, trustworthiness, flexibility, compassion, and humor are necessary to address the practicalities of a growing nonprofit, along with the creativity and persistence required to elicit new thinking and change.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, to manage multiple priorities, and to work in a deadline driven environment.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office and Raiser’s Edge database management software.
- Individual must be a “hands on” developer of programs and a “doer” who likes to set and achieve goals.
- Proven ability to work within tight time lines and limited budgets, ability to work with a diverse community, communicate with passion and relevancy to a diverse constituency, and fully contribute to a collaborative team-oriented, pro-active, fast-paced organization.
Make-A-Wish® Georgia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No calls or office visits, please.