Institutional Advancement-Development Manager
- Experience Level
ATLANTA TECHNICAL COLLEGE
Atlanta Technical College, a unit of the Technical College System of Georgia, located in the city of Atlanta, is an accredited institution of higher education that recognizes the importance of global education. The college provides affordable lifelong learning opportunities, associate degrees, diplomas, technical certificates of credit, customized business and industry training, continuing education, and other learning services using state-of-the-art technology. The integration of academics and applied career preparation to enhance student learning is essential in meeting the workforce demands and economic development needs of people, businesses, and the communities we serve.
INSTITUTIONAL ADVANCEMENT-DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Under general directions of the Director of Institutional Advancement, the Manager of Institutional Advancement-Annual Fund will develop and implement the annual fund strategies and programs that include the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of annual gifts from advisory board members, community friends, businesses and alumni including personal solicitations, telemarketing, and direct mail. The Manager of Intuitional Advancement-Annual Fund will possess a convincing track record of developing and implementing an effective, comprehensive annual fund program. An experience and motivated institutional Advancement-Development Manager with strong strategic and tactical management skills and an unflagging commitment to purpose will help other institution realize its long-term financial goals.
- Plans, develops and implements a strategic plan of action with objectives, timelines and evaluation plan for the Annual Fund program that includes identification, cultivation, solicitations and stewardship of constituents.
- Creates and administers a program and activities to solicit gifts from advisory members, community friends, businesses, and mail programs for the Annual Fund.
- Works closely with Director of Institutional Advancement and other departmental directors to ensure coordination with their respective fundraising efforts.
- Uses development database and report writing software to retrieve data. Performs comprehensive analysis and manipulation related to all aspects of the annual fund program. Uses statistics to evaluate current Annual Fund programs and make recommendations for programs changes.
- Assists the Coordinator of Advancement Services and Donor Relations in developing computerized systems and records that provide proper documentation and tracking of annual fund operations.
- Serve as the alumni engagement office, defining the strategic, long-term vision for ATC alumni engagement efforts. Develop and implement multi-dimensional alumni engagement programming that supports the ATC strategic plan through relevant, value-added programming.
- Ensures open communication with other staff regarding contact of potential donors. Oversees the acknowledgement and recognition of all annual fund gifts, including the annual report to donors.
- Represents annual fund issues and promotes community awareness and support of the annual fund program. Maintain the constituent management system for all assigned accounts ensuring that goal setting, stewardship and reporting requirements are met to sustain successful partnerships by through detailed records of sonication records. Maintain a rigorous schedule of contracts with corporation and individuals, creating moves management plans related to them.
- Plans and organizes special events and functions in support of resources development initiatives.
- Remain competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing contacts with colleagues, attending professional development training, and attending trainings.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or five (5) years of work experience. Experience in resource development or related field in private or public-sector arena for either profit or non-profit organizations. Proven experience in developing and implementing fundraising campaigns. Excellent written and oral skills. Proficiency in the Microsoft Window Office programs and Blackboard Raisers Edge. Possesses the ability to work with others and can work within systems in a resourceful manner to accomplish reasonable work goals. Has the aptitude to be flexible in response to change and adapts to process change and accommodates new methods and procedures; possesses interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with a variety of publics, organizations, and agencies.
Bachelor’s degree from and accredited college. Experience with Black baud and Raisers Edge. Three (3) years of experience in resource development successful fundraising campaigns and conducting and evaluating research. Excellent written and oral skills. Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs. Possesses the ability to work with others and can work within systems in a resourceful manner to accomplish reasonable work goals. Demonstrated track record of cultivation, closing gifts and understanding of donor stewardship success. Has the aptitude to be flexible in response to change and adapts to process change and accommodates new methods and procedures; possesses interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with a variety of publics, organizations, and agencies. Must be flexible, adaptable and demonstrate attitudinal willingness to changing direction and emphasis on projects and be able to function in high paced goal orientated environment with goals, accountability measures and deadlines. Will demonstrates knowledge of the practices associated with fundraising in higher education including direct mail, telephone solicitations, alumni giving and donor relations. A results-orientated individual, who demonstrates the ability to work well with people at all levels of an organization, develops lasting relationships with diverse constituencies and simultaneously employs keen judgment has the best opportunity for success. Be a self-starter. Strong, collaborative, energetic individual with seasoned fundraising skills. Think out of the box and make quick recommendations in a very fluid environment
Atlanta Technical College ONLY accepts electronic application from the following: Visit
Instructions: Press control then click on link to go to ATC Job Center
EARN MORE THAN A SALARY! In addition to a competitive salary, Atlanta Technical College offers a generous benefits package, which includes employee retirement plan; paid holidays annually; vacation and sick leave; health, dental, vision, legal, disability, accidental death and dismemberment, health and child care spending account.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information on application status by phone or e-mail. All qualified applicants will be considered, but may not necessarily receive an interview. Selected applicants will be contacted for next steps in the selection process. Applicants who are not selected will not receive notification.
This position is unclassified and employment is at-will.
Candidates for this position are subject to a background history and reference check.
Atlanta Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic
origin, gender, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, veteran status, or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law). For further information regarding these laws (Title Vl and lX), contact Sylvie Moses, equity officer, Atlanta Technical College, Cleveland Dennard Building, Student Affairs Division, Suite B164, 404.225.4434. Email: email@example.com. To request reasonable accommodations upon enrollment (Section 504/ADA), contact Sylvie Moses, career planner/special needs, Student Affairs Division, Cleveland Dennard Building, Suite B164, 404.225.4434. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Atlanta Technical College, 1560 Metropolitan Parkway, SW, Atlanta, GA 30310. 06292015