- Experience Level
GEORGIA APPLESEED CENTER FOR LAW & JUSTICE
(Posted August 17, 2017)
Start Date: As soon as possible
Position location: Atlanta, GA
Georgia Appleseed Center for Law & Justice is a non-profit, nonpartisan public interest law center. Our mission is to increase justice in Georgia through law and policy reform and community engagement. Our vision is a Georgia where the voices of poor people, children and other marginalized people are heard and where injustices that no one should endure are resolved. We value balanced and objective research; data-driven, pragmatic solutions; collaboration to achieve justice; courage to tackle the hard issues; and the power of pro bono!
The Georgia Appleseed Development Coordinator will further the mission and strategic goals of Georgia Appleseed through multi-level administrative support for the Development and Communications Department, as well as occasional general office support. The successful candidate has a passion to give back to the community and will demonstrate the following: a) the ability to multi-task, b) communicate orally and in writing in a clear and professional manner with Board Members, volunteers, colleagues and the public, c) display keen organizational and social media skills, and 4) contribute to a team environment.
This position is fulltime and reports to the Director of Development. Georgia Appleseed will relocate to 1600 Parkwood Circle SE, Atlanta 30339 effective September 25, 2017. Georgia Appleseed is currently located in Midtown Atlanta.
Duties and Responsibilities
Attention to detail:
- Donor database data entry and management
- Volunteer database management;
- Timely creation of data base reports and templates
- Process donations
- Support and track web-based fundraising efforts
- Process correspondence (donor solicitation, tax information, acknowledgment)
- Prepare donor cultivation packets and materials
- Schedule appointments for the Director of Development and the Executive Director
- Administrative support of Development Committee (agendas, minutes and meeting notices, compiling other support documentation) & Young Professionals Council
- Gather and synthesize information from project staff for grant proposals and grant reports
- Schedule meetings with GAA Staff & Foundation trustees
- Oversee and maintain the grants database by entering gifts, uploading final applications, and processing correspondence
- Manage grants calendar (across multiple projects) to ensure all proposal and grant reporting deadlines are met
- Timely and accurate management of all grant and contract related paperwork
- Conduct research on prospective local and national foundation and grantmaking sources
Event and Major Meeting Support:
- Support fundraising and other events (Annual Good Apple Awards, etc.)
- Maintain sponsor database
- Support Board of Director Meetings - assemble Board Books, prepare meeting PowerPoint
- Administrative support of GA Appleseed’s Young Professionals Council (YPC)
- Assist in production and distribution of publications and marketing materials (brochures, one-pagers, annual report and project reports)
- Responsible for communication and marketing style guide compliance
- Photograph management.
- Maintain up to date email distribution contacts and lists (Constant Contact or similar program)
- Assist with online communications production and distribution
- Social media support (post to Facebook, Twitter et al) and distribution
- Website updates and analytics management
3. Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND SKILLS
Education: College (or Associates Degree) preferred
- Experience with website content management systems (or willingness to learn)
- Strong Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (including Word, Excel & Power Point)
- Basic graphic design experience or willingness to learn (using tools such as Adobe Pro)
- Excellent typing skills
- Database entry
- Adept at social media, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including telephone etiquette
- Experience with database entry and management, preferably in a donor/fundraising database
- Group health insurance premiums, currently paid at 100%
- Professional development and learning opportunities annually
- Free office parking
- Generous vacation and sick leave
- Competitive salary based on a non-profit scale and commensurate with experience
Candidates must successfully complete:
- Proofreading exercise
- Writing sample
Submit a letter of interest and salary requirements, resume, and contact information for three references to Abi Gross, Director of Development, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Development Coordinator” in subject line of email Please submit the requested materials by August 31.
This position will be filled as soon as a qualified applicant is identified and has accepted the position. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Georgia Appleseed Center for Law and Justice is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any job applicant or employee because of that person’s race, color, sex, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability, sexual orientation, creed, citizenship, HIV status, or marital status. We recognize the value of diversity in the workplace and strongly urge people in all protected groups to apply for employment.
Reasonable accommodations will be made for individuals with mental or physical disabilities who are otherwise qualified to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of a given position in a satisfactory manner, provided the needed accommodation does not result in an undue hardship for Georgia Appleseed.