Senior Administrative Assistant (Accounting)
- Experience Level
Alameda County Waste Management Authority (aka StopWaste) has an opening for a Senior Administrative Assistant in the Finance unit. This is a rewarding and challenging position within the Agency. Under the direction of the Financial Services Manager or designee this position will assist with various financial functions including accounts payable and payroll. The ideal candidate will not only possess strong technical skills, but will provide high level support to the Agency’s programmatic staff as well as have a commitment to the mission of the Agency.
Example of Duties
- Consistent with the Senior Administrative Assistant job description with a focus on accounting duties including the following: For additional details go to: http://www.stopwaste.org/about/jobs/senior-administrative-assistant-accounting
- Reviews, prepares and processes payroll records for the Agency’s payroll service (ADP).
- Records financial transactions consisting of expenditures through accounts payable, purchase orders and encumbrances.
- Generates weekly disbursements.
- Posting of cash receipts against receivables and other billings.
- Assists with Disposal Reporting data entry and review as needed.
- Assists with routine finance functions (activity analysis and reconciliations, data entry and filing) for employee benefit accounts and other programs.
- Assists Program Managers and Specialists with basic transactional inquiries as needed.
- Performs other support duties as assigned.
Proficiency with Excel and financial systems software applications required (familiarity with ADP Payroll and the MUNIS financial system is a plus). Other requirements include ability to communicate clearly and concisely, organize and prioritize a variety of projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner, meet critical time deadlines and perform mathematical calculations with speed and accuracy.
Applications and correspondence will be accepted through email. Please email the following documents to email@example.com and include the position title “Senior Administrative Assistant (Accounting)” in your cover letter and email subject line.
- Cover Letter referencing the position title
- StopWaste Application
Application packets may be dropped off or mailed to the StopWaste office:
ATTN: Pat Cabrera, Administrative Services Director
1537 Webster Street
Oakland, CA 94612
No postmarks or faxed applications accepted. Late submittals will not be accepted.
Final Filing Date: Monday, August 28, 2017 at 5:00pm