Program Assistant, CLI - San Francisco
- Experience Level
Public Health Foundation Enterprises (PHFE) invites applications for the position of Program Assistant within the Center for Learning and Innovation (CLI) in the San Francisco Department of Public Health (SFDPH). Housed within the Population Health Division (PHD), CLI is a branch that is dedicated to fostering a culture of learning, trust, and innovation. It organizes several programs focused on 1) internal training and workforce development; 2) recruitment of the future public health workforce through meaningful internships; 3) catalyzing innovations in public health through human centered design principles; and 4) capacity building for external public health agencies and related stakeholders.
This grant-funded position will provide core administrative support for the Center’s capacity building and workforce development activities. CLI is funded by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to offer Capacity Building Assistance (CBA) to health departments around the country to support High Impact HIV Prevention aligned with the National HIV/AIDS Strategy. CLI also manages the Summer HIV/AIDS Research Program (SHARP), an innovative 12-week summer mentored internship and learning experience designed to inspire students from underrepresented communities to pursue further studies and careers in HIV-focused public health research. The Program Assistant will also provide high-level administrative support to the Director who serves as the Principal Investigator for these programs.
This position will join a team dedicated to expanding learning opportunities for our PHD staff, and will have the opportunity to interact with a wide range of public health professionals working across PHD focus areas such as disease prevention and control, health promotion, epidemiology, environmental health, and community engagement.
This is a grant-funded position. Employment is provided by PHFE.
• Schedules internal meetings, seminars, events and handles all meeting logistics including coordination with speakers, room reservations, AV set-up, materials, and refreshments
• Organizes program receipts and helps track expenses, including assisting with travel arrangements and claims.
• Drafts and edits correspondence, prepares meeting minutes, and modifies and maintains the program’s electronic filing system and internal tracking databases.
• Updates and sends pre- and post- training program evaluation surveys
• Assists the Communication Specialist in posting and updating web content
• Maintains inventory of SFDPH materials that may be used for CLI as well as Department-wide events
• Oversees all aspects of the Director’s calendar including making commitments of his time and arranging meetings.
• Provides administrative support for manuscripts and grants including literature searches, obtaining articles, managing end-note references, and updating and maintaining CVs, biosketches, and publication lists
• Provides as-needed administrative support to programmatic staff
• Assists with other Division tasks as needed, including providing occasional coverage for the reception desk of the PHD
• Performs other duties as assigned
- Possession of a BA/BS with at least one year of relevant administrative experience as an assistant or analyst; or an Associate’s Degree with a minimum 3 years of administrative experience
Other Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- High level of proficiency with MS Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Outstanding organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal communication, writing, and editing skills
- Ability to work independently and on a team in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to prioritize work, manage multiple projects and tasks, and manage a complex calendar
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to diverse racial/ethnic communities, particularly communities of color as well as gay/lesbian/bisexual/transgender communities
Handling / Fingering Occasionally
Reach Outward Occasionally
Reach Above Shoulder Occasionally
Climb, Crawl, Kneel, Bend Occasionally
Lift / Carry Occasionally - Up to 50 lbs
Push/Pull Occasionally - Up to 50 lbs
Taste/ Smell Not Applicable
Not Applicable Not required for essential functions
Occasionally (0 - 2 hrs/day)
Frequently (2 - 5 hrs/day)
Constantly (5+ hrs/day)
General Office Setting, Indoors Temperature Controlled
Interested individuals should submit a resume and cover letter for consideration.
All qualified applicants will be considered for this position in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
PHFE is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that encourages minorities, women, veterans, and disabled to apply.
Please apply at the following URL: