Area Nutrition, Family and Consumer Sciences Advisor
- Experience Level
Serving Calaveras, El Dorado, Amador and Tuolumne Counties
The University of California Division of Agriculture and Natural Resources seeks an academic Cooperative Extension (CE) advisor to conduct a multi-county-based extension, education, and applied research program in nutrition, family and consumer sciences (NFCS). The CE advisor will provide leadership to the low- income nutrition education program, and leadership and expertise in nutrition and obesity prevention to other health-nutrition oriented programs. Key clientele include participants in CalFresh (social services offices), Women, Infants, and Children (WIC), public school districts, and other community-based organizations that serve youth, families and a rapidly growing elder population.
SUMMARY OF MAJOR DUTIES:
- Design, develop and implement applied research and educational programs.
- Provide academic and administrative leadership.
- Conduct a comprehensive communitywide NFCS needs assessments and monitor trend and issues to identify priority community needs.
- Evaluate programs and report accomplishments.
- Collaborate with others within UC ANR’s research/extension network. Maintain and promote UC ANR CE’s credibility and visibility.
- An earned master's degree or other advanced degree in nutrition, health education, human development, social policy or a closely related field is required by the appointment start date;
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills;
- Academic training and/or professional experience must provide an understanding of nutrition;
- Academic training and/or professional experience in program design and research methodologies
- Program and personnel management experience.
- The ability to apply low-literacy and cultural/ethnic principles to program and research design;
- The ability to build partnerships and to work with multidisciplinary teams to address challenges of low income populations.
This is a career track, full time, academic position, the beginning salary for which will be in the Assistant CE Advisor rank, and commensurate with applicable experience and professional qualifications. Salary Table viewable at http://ucanr.edu/sites/anrstaff/files/263860.pdf
The University of California offers an attractive benefits package described here: http://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/compensation-and-benefits/roadmaps/new-employee.html
For a full position vacancy announcement and application procedures, contact Soo Hsieh at firstname.lastname@example.org and refer to position listing AP#16-09, or visit the online job board at: http://ucanr.edu/Jobs/Jobs_990/?jobnum=1228
To assure consideration, e-mail your application packet by September 1, 2017 to ANRacademicsearch@ucanr.edu
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
More searches like this
- Education / Teaching Human Services Full Time jobs in San Andreas
- Health / Medical Human Services Full Time jobs in San Andreas
- Public Policy / Administration Human Services Full Time jobs in San Andreas
- Research Human Services Full Time jobs in San Andreas
- Social Work / Counseling Human Services Full Time jobs in San Andreas