Business and Administrative Coordinator
6 days left
- Degree Level
- High School
Special Service for Groups (SSG) is a multi-service nonprofit agency currently operating over 20 programs in Los Angeles and Orange Counties. Under its Research & Evaluation (R&E) Team, SSG provides various forms of capacity building and technical assistance around program planning, evaluation and community-based research to local nonprofits, private philanthropy and public sector agencies. Our approach is grounded in cultural sensitivity and deep community roots in order to facilitate greater impact.
The Business and Administrative Coordinator position is a key position within the R&E team, providing overarching, ongoing daily support at the administrative and project level. The Coordinator will work closely with the Director and Assistant Director to ensure the team and projects run smoothly and successfully. The Coordinator serves as a resource for a range of activities, including orienting new staff members, coordinating team meetings and retreats, managing logistics for specific project events, managing and tracking both project and division budget, and organizing office supplies, services and R&E vendor relationships. We are seeking an individual who works well in dynamic, fast-paced and highly collaborative work environments.
Detailed Primary Responsibilities
- Support Director and Assistant Director in budget and contract management for R&E Team, including coordination with SSG Fiscal Department and Human Resources.
- Establish and maintain internal systems and protocols for administrative records, including consultant contracts and invoices, supply orders, office electronics, share drive folders and files, etc.
- Collect and track check reimbursements, contracts, invoices and company credit card statements
- Coordinate with SSG Human Resources to complete administrative requirements for new employee hires, subcontractors and consultants
- Orient new staff members to R&E administrative protocols and procedures
- Provide support to staff workgroups, including safety, professional development, orientation, and social media
- Provide logistical support for research activities (e.g., focus groups, interviews, community surveys), trainings, meetings, and other community events, including tracking RSVPs, coordinating with caterers, volunteers and venues, etc.)
- Take notes during meetings, interviews, or focus groups
- Update R&E Team media outlets, including website, Facebook, etc. and support with managing R&E Team’s communication activities (such as email newsletter)
- Support R&E team with administrative aspects of proposal development and submission
- Support Director and Assistant Director with administrative duties related to the SSG Institutional Review Board (IRB)
- Manage vendor accounts and payments
- Manage company credit card and reconcile receipts to payments with SSG fiscal department on regular basis
- Support R&E team with data collection by administering surveys or conducting interviews
- Clean and enter research and evaluation data to support projects
- Perform other duties as assigned by R&E Director or Assistant Director
Minimum Qualifications - Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- High school diploma or GED required
- Bachelor Degree preferred or comparable experience
- Minimum of one year experience in contract administration, clerical support, or related field
- High proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PPT and navigating the Internet
- Knowledge of basic accounting or financial management
- Knowledge of basic filing structure
- Strong organizational skills, especially for filing and record-keeping
- Ability to organize and manage priorities
- Ability to do concise documentation and effectively communicate in written and verbal form
- Ability to work with staff and community partners from diverse racial, sexual orientation, and socioeconomic backgrounds
- Verification of Employment Eligibility and Background Check
- Possess a valid California driver’s license, reliable transportation, and automobile insurance
- Regular attendance
Non-Essential Qualifications - Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Familiarity with Nation Builder, Slack, Asana and/or Google Suite highly desirable
- Ability to work overtime, evenings, weekend and holidays when required.
- Type 40 wpm
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
Environmental Conditions (Working Conditions)
This position takes place primarily in the SSG R&E office. R&E staff are often required to participate in meetings that are held at locations across Southern California. Limited travel within the State of California may be required for this position.
The position requires primarily sitting and working at a computer workstation, including reading and typing. This position requires driving.
The position requires the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities, and assist key team members with accomplishing their work. This position also requires the ability to work independently, as well as within a highly collaborative team environment.
Full-time employees at SSG are eligible for a generous benefit package. Other benefits available at SSG R&E include: opportunities for professional development, flexibility to work on projects of interest (as available), high levels of collaboration and staff support, emphasis on work-life balance, projects that are aligned with R&E’s values of social justice, anti-oppression, and community capacity building.
SSG R&E website: http://www.ssgresearch.org/
To apply for this position:
Send a cover letter indicating how you meet the minimum qualifications for the position and why you are interested in working with us along with your resume to Rebecca Ratzkin at email@example.com. Those who apply by July 31, 2017 will receive priority consideration, but position will be open until filled. Applicants who do not send a cover letter and those who do not meet the minimum qualifications will not be considered.
Special Service for Groups is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
More jobs like this
- Full Time $30,000 - $39,999 Youth Development Accounting / Finance jobs in Los Angeles
- Full Time $30,000 - $39,999 Youth Development Administrative / Clerical jobs in Los Angeles
- Full Time $30,000 - $39,999 Youth Development Event Planning jobs in Los Angeles
- Full Time $30,000 - $39,999 Youth Development Human Resources / Recruiting jobs in Los Angeles
- Full Time $30,000 - $39,999 Youth Development Marketing / Communications jobs in Los Angeles