Payroll & Human Resources Manager
- Experience Level
Payroll & Human Resources Manager
Town School for Boys seeks a full time Payroll & Human Resources Manager. Located in San Francisco, Town School for Boys is a K-8 independent day school. Since its founding in 1939, Town School is committed to providing a dynamic and engaging environment that suits the developmental learning needs of boys. An intensive academic program is supplemented by fine arts offerings and outdoor education trips that take advantage of the school's Bay Area coastal location. Town School values academic excellence, respect for self and others, diversity and inclusivity, service learning, and character development. Town places a high value on maintaining a creative, collegial atmosphere among faculty and staff. There is an expectation of continuous growth and improvement for all faculty and staff.
The Payroll & Human Resources Manager (PRHRM) is a key member of the Business Office team. The PRHRM will have a background in payroll and benefits administration. The PRHRM will also serve as the primary point of contact for employees in matters of routine human resource administration from on-boarding to off-boarding. The PRHRM reports to the Chief Financial Officer and works closely with the Controller.
- Utilizing ADP Workforce Now, responsible for all aspects of the semi-monthly payroll process
- Prepare and submit TIAA remittance spreadsheet with each payroll
- Collect, calculate, summarize and review timekeeping information for completeness and accuracy
- Maintain accurate time and attendance accruals through Workforce Now
- Assist employees with required time-keeping and PTO reporting requirements
- Ensure accurate year-end reporting to employees and to the IRS
- Oversee beginning-to-end administration of employee benefits
- Manage annual benefits renewal process, including planning for and communicating open enrollment events
- Responsible for ADP’s Workforce Now Benefit Administration Module
- Coordinate Leaves of Absence administration
- Administer ACA compliance requirements
- Handle worker compensation, disability and unemployment claims
- Oversee and manage all aspects of on-boarding and off-boarding, including employment agreements, maintaining the criminal background check repository, setting up employees in ADP, enrolling and terminating employees from benefits
- Manage presentations and materials for new-hire orientations
- Maintain required personnel files
- Respond in a timely manner to employee questions relating to benefits, payroll and personnel policies
- Handle external requests for employment verification
- Coordinate annual revisions to Employee Handbook and other HR materials
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited school/university or relevant credential
- A minimum of 2 years of payroll processing & benefit administration experience; ADP Workforce Now experience a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Well organized and a self-starter
- Strong interpersonal skills including good judgment, and ability to develop and maintain effective and collaborative working relationships with the Town School community while maintaining appropriate confidentiality.
- High level of personal and professional integrity. Trustworthy, discrete and respectful in handling of confidential or sensitive information.
- Desire to be part of a collaborative team committed to supporting the Town School community
To apply for this position, email a resume and personal cover letter to Nancy Doty at firstname.lastname@example.org. Cover letters and resumes should be sent in PDF format.
Town School for Boys admits students of any race, color, religion, or national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. The school does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, or national and ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, scholarship programs, athletic and other school-administered programs.
Town School for Boys is an equal opportunity employer. The school offers a salary commensurate with experience and a generous benefits package.
Town School for Boys
2750 Jackson Street
San Francisco, CA 94115
At Town School learning is prized, love of school is essential, and boyhood is celebrated.
As an all boys’ school, Town provides a rich, challenging and rigorous educational experience that addresses the distinctive energy levels and developmental styles of boys. Town values being a diverse community that nurtures integrity, sensitivity and respect in its boys, and prepares them to become productive and contributing members of an ever-changing world.
- We value learning and academic excellence. We support and encourage each boy to do his best while helping him discover his strengths and talents.
- We value programs that balance academic effort, social interaction, physical activity and artistic expression while embracing character education.
- We value respect for ourselves and others. We model integrity, honesty and kindness in our daily lives and we take responsibility for our own actions.
- We value diversity, which brings the variety of perspectives that are integral to an excellent education and a dynamic community. We believe it is essential that every member of the community is equally valued and included in the life of the school.
- We value commitment to community service. We seek opportunities to improve our greater community through volunteer activities sponsored by the school as part of our role as good citizens.
Statement of Teaching Philosophy
Our goal is for each boy to be engaged in an environment that weaves together collaboration, critical thinking, integrity, empathy, and creativity. These broad skills, as well as a firm grounding in core academic competencies, offer boys an excellent preparation for their further education. We promote social and emotional learning as a foundation of academic excellence and self-discovery. We prepare students to meet challenges in the world by helping them develop an appreciation for a variety of perspectives from the local to the global. We celebrate diversity by fostering a community of learners built on mutual respect. Learning experiences are inclusive, relevant, flexible, innovative, and adapted to reflect the needs of all kinds of learners. In our joyful, active, and collaborative school, boys flourish.
We achieve these goals through an authentic curriculum that originates in the classroom, travels through the halls, and extends into the world. Our teaching balances traditional methods with key student-centered approaches including inquiry, project-based learning, and teaching for understanding. We stay relevant and current through our testing of innovative, research-based approaches. We model a commitment to lifelong learning, and we hone our craft by pursuing professional development and sharing knowledge with one another.
Commitment to Diversity
Diversity, inclusion and equity are essential core values of Town School. The best education for our students requires a diverse experience because a broad spectrum of ideas is essential for understanding different perspectives, challenging assumptions, and inspiring curiosity, to support critical and complex thinking.
We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment where each boy is free to be himself, and where boys are confident and secure in their own identities. We equip each boy with the tools to explore differences in experiences, background, beliefs, and ideas. We seek to provide each student with the support and resources he needs to succeed and thrive at Town School. A diverse and vibrant community is essential. To build and sustain such a community, we reach out to enroll students and families from a broad range of socioeconomic backgrounds, cultures, races, religions, and sexual orientations, and we recruit and retain faculty, staff and administrators from the same broad range of backgrounds. We cultivate an environment where every member of the Town community senses he or she matters as a significant part of the life of the school. Only when each person feels valued and is engaged may the school and the individual achieve their full potential.