Director of Programs
4 days left
- Experience Level
TREASURE ISLAND HOMELESS DEVELOPMENT INITIATIVE (TIHDI)
DIRECTOR OF PROGRAMS
TIHDI’s mission is to create a vibrant, inclusive community on Treasure Island that provides pathways for economic advancement for lower-income San Franciscans, including those who have experienced homelessness. We achieve this through affordable housing, jobs, community building, and advocacy.
We have identified the need for an experienced program leader who will be responsible for all mission-furthering program work of TIHDI’s Employment, Economic Self Sufficiency and Community Services programs. This is a newly created role and this person will be the organization’s first Director of Programs. This is an executive position with extensive responsibility that requires a thought leader who will partner with the Executive Director to build strong relationships with community, governmental and private entities.
This is a highly visible role and requires someone with strong communication and collaboration skills. In order to successfully meet the needs of the growing Treasure Island community you must have extensive program management and evaluation experience. You will be evaluated on the programs you develop and manage which create opportunities for Treasure Island residents and San Franciscans with barriers to employment.
RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS ROLE:
Program Management & Development including: developing and strengthening strategic partnerships with community-based and government agencies, workforce & financial literacy agencies, and other on-island entities; evaluating existing programs and developing specific & measureable outputs and outcomes; program budget preparation; and management of strategic goals and objectives.
People Management & Development: Hire, train, inspire, and manage a team to deliver high-quality programming and achieve organizational impact; skills development and performance management; and supervision of three or more direct reports;
Funding: Assist ED in identifying and pursuing funding opportunities; managing funding proposals and RFP responses; and providing required reports for funders.
Agency wide planning and management: participate in the development and implementation of agency strategic plan, policies, and practices; act as senior executive in Executive Director’s absence; participate and at times lead community building efforts on Treasure Island, and perform other duties as assigned.
IN ORDER TO BE SUCCESSFUL YOU’LL HAVE:
- 10+ years experience designing, implementing and managing services for economically disadvantaged persons.
- 5+ years experience hiring and developing staff, including coaching, evaluating performance, setting goals and measuring success; history of achieving results utilizing an inclusive, collaborative leadership style.
- Strong program evaluation skills and experience required including oversight of data collection, development of performance dashboards, and reporting to funding sources.
- Experience with workforce development (required).
- Experience with financial literacy programs and/or a working knowledge of agencies and services serving homeless and low-income populations in San Francisco (preferred).
- Outstanding leadership skills: strategic thinking, proactive problem solving, excellent negotiation skills, a champion of change as a result of your collaborative influencing style.
- Bachelor’s degree (required)
- Master’s degree in business, economics, administration, social work, psychology, public policy, or a related field (preferred)