Director of Alumni Relations
- Position Type
- Full Time
The Director of Alumni Relations is responsible for the planning and implementation of programs and projects that strategically engage alumni and strengthen affinity and provide tangible benefits to alumni and current students.
Serving as an ambassador, the Director of Alumni Relations will work with Development colleagues to identify, cultivate and steward alumni giving as well as secure commitments from alumni to provide professional expertise and volunteer service. The Director will also work with colleagues in the Headmaster, Admissions, Business, Marketing & Communications and Secondary School offices to create and maintain pathways for alumni participation that advance the goals of the School. She/he will play an important role through outreach to and networking with Alumni and their parents, and participate in alumni fundraising activities and special events.
The alumni student community is approximately 1350+, of whom approximately 1,000 may be reached via current contact information.
Reports to: Head of Development
Employee type: Non-Exempt
- Supports and advances the mission and vision of the school.
- Supports and promotes the goals of the IB program.
- Supports and advances international education.
- Ensure accurate and complete alumni database records; capture contact, biographical and career information of alumni via surveys, projects (e.g. alumni directory), correspondence, website, postal returns, etc.
- Establish and build relationships with a wide range of alumni, locally, regionally, nationally and internationally; maintain regular communication with alumni via direct contact, email blasts, alumni web pages, and print publications
- Develop an Alumni Association Board of Directors, arrange its meetings, staff its committees and ensure strong and productive relationships between its members and the academic and administrative leadership; serve as recording secretary for the Alumni Association Board of Directors
- Oversee planning and preparation of alumni reunions (local, national and international) and parent of alumni events
- Plan, implement and promote alumni programs that support AIS’ strategic plan as well as the goals of the Eagles Fund and Capital Campaign (if applicable)
- Educate Grade 11 and Grade 12 students about alumni benefits and engage them in accessibility of career networking services for students and alumni
- Collaborate closely with development colleagues in increasing financial support from alumni; routinely identify and qualify alumni prospects for gifts; communicate development-related activities via written contact reports filed in Raiser's Edge and periodic attendance at prospect management meetings
- Oversee all alumni and alumni parent communications, including newsletters, announcements and scheduled social media posts
- Oversee and balance the budget for Alumni Relations; within the annual program budget, manage existing and/or additional alumni programs, services and communications
- Supervise Alumni intern and alumni volunteers
- A minimum of four years of experience in alumni relations and external affairs with demonstrated accomplishment in fostering productive relationships with AIS Alumni, parents, developing volunteer leadership and meeting fundraising targets
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, together with the ability to work collaboratively and courteously with colleagues throughout the school, alumni, other constituents and the public
- The demonstrated ability to strategize, implement and build constituency programs and activities, along with a talent for motivating volunteers
- Demonstrably strong writing, planning and organizational skills
- Flexibility and initiative, as well as the ability to work independently, combined with the skills for thriving in a team environment to achieve goals
- High professional and ethical standards for handling confidential information
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously with close attention to detail and prioritization to meet deadlines
- Extensive experience with Raiser's Edge
- Ability to travel and work evenings and weekends (as needed)
- Bachelor's degree
- Independent school experience
- International experience
Please send your resume and cover letter as attachments to email@example.com; please specify 'Alumni Relations' as your subject heading. We will contact those whose skills and experience best match our needs, no telephone inquiries, please.