Capital Campaign Director
Wayside’s Campaign for purchasing land: Wayside believes in long haul organizing and movement- building. For eight years, Wayside has provided a physical space for that to happen due to the generosity of long-time donor and supporter. The need to move on owning Wayside and claim it as movement home for now and for time to come has become ever more clear in this political moment. After much thought and deliberation Wayside’s board of Directors has decided that now is the time to move forward with purchasing the land and house outright.
TITLE: Capital Campaign Director
HOURS: 25 Hours per week / $28,000yr
REPORTS TO: Board of Directors
POSITION SUMMARY: Grounded in Wayside’s mission and vision, the CCD will work collaboratively with Wayside’s board of directors, staff, and community members to develop and implement Wayside campaign to purchase the land. The CCD will operate with the understanding of the challenges and opportunities ahead for the organization as a result of our new initiative to purchase the land and property. A new position in the organization, the CCD will have the opportunity to build the development function. This is a one year contracted position.
- Develop and execute Wayside’s fundraising plan including:
- Major donors
- Foundations grants
- Grassroots donation program
- Strategies to increase house rental income
- Develop and track proposals and reports for all grants
- Progress reports as needed
- Donor communication, cultivation & maintenance
- Manage the implementation of CiviCRM, donor database
- Creating and executing a strategy for a large sustained base of annual individual donors
- Overseeing organization of special events in coordination with Director of Operations
- Work with Board to develop and implement messaging frame for the campaign
- Work with board to develop and implement communications strategy including:
- Social media platforms
- Printed materials
- E-mail communication
- Media relations
- 3-5 years of successful fundraising track record including:
- Grant awards
- Major donor cultivation
- Grassroots donor cultivation
- Proven track record developing successful communications plan
- Experience developing and leading grassroots community fundraising
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills and comfortable navigating with public officials, media, and community leaders with various beliefs and backgrounds.
- Able to use computers for word processing, computer literacy preferred
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends
Application Process: Please submit cover letter, resume, writing sample, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 20, 2017.
Wayside Center for Popular Education is an equal-opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, gender/ gender identity/ gender expression, age, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, religion, HIV status, disability, background, having been incarcerated or marital status.