National Customized Support Manager (Midwest Based)
- Experience Level
MI, Home Base - extensive travel expected
The mission of Partners in School Innovation (Partners) is to transform teaching and learning in the lowest-performing public schools so that every student, regardless of background, thrives. Our work is to improve school outcomes for students of color and English Learners living in poverty, and our unique approach to changing lives rests upon a foundation of teamwork. We collaborate with teachers and leaders in vulnerable public schools to help build their capacity to support breakthrough student achievement.
Every member of our team is a results-oriented leader, change agent and champion for public education. We value continuous learning and improvement, diversity of backgrounds and ideas, systems thinking and innovation. In addition to a relentless pursuit of our mission, we work hard to ensure we keep growing as humble, knowledgeable, and culturally responsive social justice warriors, deeply committed to helping public schools achieve educational equity.
The National Customized Support Manager at Partners in School Innovation (Partners) is responsible for exceptional delivery and execution of customized services to selected schools and districts. Reporting to and supporting the National Executive Director of Customized Services, the NCSM will co-design and deliver discrete products and services for clients to ensure coherence and alignment of Customized Support with the Partner Approach.
The NCSM provides targeted support and consultation to District and School Leaders, including:
- Co-designs and Facilitates Instructional Leadership Networks in Multiple School Districts
- Delivers strong front of room leadership and facilitation as well as small group support to Participants with the National Executive Director of Customized Services.
- Work with clients to co-plan customized session objectives, scope and sequence.
- School transformation and school design coaching and facilitation
- Annual goal setting and planning
- Implementation of Results-Oriented Cycles of Inquiry
- Data analysis
- Professional development and instructional planning
- Partners with National staff to design services based on Partners’ School Transformation Approach, market services to targeted customers and manages and delivers products and services.
- Program Development
- Adjusts or refines Customized Support content and tools for different school and district personnel while maintaining a consistent “look” and “feel” for Partner’s materials, determining the best ways to package our products for broader distribution.
- Ensure that Customized Support offerings are informed by and developed on current practice in education, adult learning and related fields.
- Contribute to the overall advancement of Partners Approach through regular examination of program effectiveness and determine solutions/designs that will increase demand for Customized Support.
- Strategy and Business Development
- Develops and maintains relationships with existing and potential clients to secure business.
- Collaborate with the National Executive Director and Customized Support Team to create annual strategies for the implementation of national customized support services and projects. Provides strategic input to the NEDCS with setting revenue targets, determines service offerings and target customers, marketing requirements and staffing resources needed to meet objectives.
- Contributes to the writing of proposals, contracts and executive summaries for customized services
All other duties as assigned by the National Executive Director of Customized Services.
Our ideal candidate definitely has:
- Commitment to the Partners mission of achieving educational equity for impoverished students of color
- Proven experience as a high-performing educational executive, principal or instructional coach (minimum three years in the classroom)
- Racial and cultural proficiency – a working understanding of the role of race, class, culture and power and how these inequities manifest in the public school system and demonstrated effectiveness in working through these inequities to achieve breakthrough student achievement results.
- Experience designing, developing and delivering effective professional development for adults
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience contributing to effective systems-level reform.
- Coaching or consulting skills and experience – specific experience coaching adults through a
- challenging change processes is highly desirable
- Effective interpersonal communication skills with audiences diverse in age, race, etc.; ability to
- establish credibility quickly and authentically
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- An orientation toward solution finding and value creation – can identify root causes of systemic problems and develop results-oriented solutions
- Demonstrated aptitude for collecting, analyzing and using data to inform planning
- Strong collaboration skills with clients and within a team – experience interacting with school and district-level administrators is ideal
- A high degree of initiative and tenacity; willingness and drive to see a difficult or ambiguous
- situation through to a satisfactory outcome
- Proven experience as a high-performing site and/or district administrator
- Advanced degree in education or related field
- Administrative Credential
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with experience. We offer a generous benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision insurance, vacation and sick leave as well as a 403(b) retirement plan.
Please complete the application and include a resume and cover letter explaining why you are interested in this position and the skills and experience you bring to the job.
Start Date: August 1, 2017
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
With a staff that cares deeply about social justice and equity, we believe that diverse perspectives and background create a rich work environment. We are committed to building an organization with raised consciousness in order to impact how we work with school leaders as well as how we work together as a team. We hope you will join us as we continue to build a diverse organization that fosters a work environment where people from all backgrounds are welcomed and valued.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Partners in School Innovation is committed to equal employment opportunity in its hiring and employment practices and policies for all staff members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical ability, marital status or veteran status.