3 days left
- Experience Level
WOMEN ENGAGED SEEKS PROGRAM MANAGER
Women Engaged (WE) is a social justice nonprofit that takes an innovative, hands-on learning approach to advancing women’s human rights, youth empowerment and civic engagement efforts in Atlanta and throughout Georgia. Using a human rights framework, Women Engaged develops policy recommendations, conducts research, voter registration and education campaigns, and trains women and youth of color as community outreach workers. WE works collaboratively with local and national civic engagement and reproductive justice partners in relevant coalition efforts, particularly as a partner of the ProGeorgia Civic Engagement C3 Table. Women Engaged's mission is to inspire women and youth of color to become impactful leaders and key decision-makers working towards a world where compassionate, fact-based, equity-centered approaches are used to develop and implement public policy and actualize social transformation.
WE seeks a Program Manager to organize, promote and implement an effective programmatic voter education and reproductive justice agenda.
The program manager is charged with managing and executing the work plan developed for the WE Vote. We Rise! integrated voter engagement program and assist with the outlined work of the Women’s Human Rights and Gender Equity program. Examples of the kind of work executed by the program manager include leading all voter education, registration, and “Get Out the Vote (GOTV),” campaigns, election protection, exit poll survey efforts and reproductive justice leadership training and advocacy.
The program manager is charged with recruiting, hiring, and supervising both volunteer and paid canvass team members for GOTV campaigns. This position will require a minimum of 50% of local field travel, including transporting field teams to canvass neighborhoods as well as participate in canvassing efforts as needed.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, team player, politically savvy, creative intellectual feminist, hard-worker with a high sense of integrity who enjoys working in a fast-paced small non-profit environment on progressive campaign issues in a conservative state. This position reports to the Executive Director.
• Implement Program Initiatives: Recruitment strategies to expand the WE Vote. WE Rise! project and conduct leadership development training for participants; implement evaluation systems; and handle events functions. Conduct Reproductive Justice trainings and activist leadership cultivation activities.
• Plan and implement campaigns: For reproductive justice and year-round canvassing activities, including developing civic engagement goals and measurable outcomes for participation at legislative events, lobby days, phone banks, canvassing, caucuses, voter-turnout events and other activities
• Foster Partnerships and Relationships: With other community organizers and program leads from allied social justice organizations in the civil rights, racial, economic, criminal, women’s, and LGBT community across the state. Represent the ED and organization at ProGeorgia and other partner meetings, as requested.
• Prepare Project Reports and Conduct Evaluations: Develop quarterly and annual reports as required by funders and monthly work plans as a management tool to create and implement consistent evaluation of program outcomes and staff performance, based on project data Input into the Voter Activation Database for tracking and developing relevant reports and analysis and quality control systems.
• Coordinate Program and Event logistics: Perform core administrative duties, including project budget management and prepare payroll report of temporary employees of WE Vote. WE Rise! organize event logistics.
• Implement Social Media Activities: Responsible for engaging and targeting millennials through the WE Vote. WE Rise! Facebook and twitter handle boosting the project and organization’s presence with daily posts and tweets about the relevant issues relevant to WE initiatives and social justice issues. Document the work of the program, including photos of the canvass team to upload on social media.
• Recruit and Train Program Staff and Volunteers: Support in recruiting, training, supervising and evaluating project staff.
• BA/BS minimum
• Licensed experienced Driver with insurance and clean driving record and willingness to travel throughout Atlanta and if necessary the state of Georgia to work with rural and urban communities on voter engagement and social justice issues.
• 3+ years experience in managing programs, projects and/or staff and previous community, labor, student, faith-based or related organizing experience
• Experience 3+ years of leading and managing diverse staff in a collaborative culture with ethnically, culturally, and gender diverse populations prioritizing transgender inclusion.
• Experience in conducting voter campaigns for women and youth of color
• Experience with social media platforms
• Familiarity with the Voter Activation Network Database (VAN)
• Familiarity and commitment to implementing Reproductive Justice/ Women’s health activism, policies and or advocacy
• Demonstrated teamwork and leadership
• Excellent research, writing and communication skills
• Self-starter, highly organized team player with the ability to work with a small staff in the office and in the field (mileage reimbursement)
• Computer skills: knowledge of campaign databases including the Voter Activation Network, Nationbuilder, Microsoft Office Suite, and multimedia presentation software and familiarity with MAC and PC computers
• English fluency required; other language(s) desirable (Spanish)
• Ability to travel and work long hours, including nights and weekends
SALARY & BENEFITS
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and a benefit package. New employees will receive a 90 and 180 days’ review and bi-annual reviews after the first year.
The candidate must be in or willing to relocate to the Greater Atlanta, GA, area.
Cover letter and resume must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 30, 2017, with “Program Manager Application” in the subject line.