Part-time Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (Daytime)
- Experience Level
Gwinnett Sexual Assault & Children's Advocacy Center (GSAC-CAC) is seeking to hire an experienced part-time Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) for day shifts. This position is a uniquely defined non-advanced practice forensic nursing role providing direct medical-forensic assessment, care and treatment for persons presenting with sexual assault/abuse victimization. The SANE will perform medical-forensic examinations to document injuries, collect and preserve evidence and provide post-assault medications per protocol for child, adolescent and adult victims of sexual assault/abuse. The position coordinates and works closely with a multi-disciplinary Sexual Assault Response Team (SART). This position will also provide outreach to the public and information sharing with other agencies on GSAC-CAC resources for victims and families.
Applicants must have successfully completed the Adult/Adolescent and/or Pediatric Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner training and have documented clinical competence in the role of a SANE. Applicants must have experience performing independent SANE exams and have preferably provided court testimony.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Georgia licensed registered nurse.
- Certifications: minimum BSN degree
- 5-years direct patient/clinical care, (preferably in OB/GYN- L&D, ICU, ED)
- Current professional certifications: BCLS, PALS and ACLS.
- Certificate of successful completion from a SANE-A education & training program that is compliant with the education and training guidelines of the IAFN and eligible for future certification
- Documented clinical competence in the role of a SANE.
- Working knowledge of the current National Sexual Assault Protocol
- Candidates must have experience performing independent SANE exams and have preferably provided court testimony.
- Provide 3-professional SANE or SANE supervisory references.
- Maintain independent malpractice insurance appropriate to licensure and provide documentation of same to GSAC-CAC annually upon renewal.
This is a non-exempt part-time, 24-hour a week position; 2-12 hour shifts, Tuesday and Thursday from 6 am to 6 pm. Compensation is $25/hour. Applicant must successfully complete a criminal background check. Applicants must reside in geographic proximity to effectively respond to GSAC-CAC (Duluth, GA) within 45-minutes.
Please send a letter of interest, salary history and resume. No phone calls please.