Team Operations Coordinator
- Experience Level
About Two Sigma Investments
Two Sigma is a financial technology company in SoHo that explores the fascinating intersection of big data, artificial intelligence, and finance. It currently manages over $40 billion AUM with 1,000+ staff spanning New York, London, Houston, Hong Kong, and Tokyo. It applies the scientific method to investment management and is not the typical investment manager. Two Sigma follows principles of technology and innovation with equal regard to principles of investment management. Fields like machine learning and distributed computing guide the firm. Since 2001, Two Sigma has searched for ways that these kinds of technologies can make it better at what it does.
About the Position
Two Sigma is seeking a full-time Team Operations Coordinator to support the Overdeck Family Foundation Director and team. Overdeck Family Foundation (the “Foundation”) has been making grants since 2010 in efforts to help all kids achieve their greatest academic potential. The Foundation aims to fund programs and projects that have proven, quantifiable, and compelling results. Visit www.overdeck.org for more information.
- Maintains appointment schedule by: planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, and travel; if requested, provides Director with background research and context ahead of meetings; ensures payments and/or reimbursements are processed effectively.
- Conserves time by: reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating communications as needed.
- Prepares, books and manages travel schedule, appointments, materials and related reimbursements.
- Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying text and data for internal and external meetings.
- Welcomes guests by greeting them, in person or on the phone; answers/directs inquiries as appropriate.
- Maintains partnerships and relationships by supporting operations and keeping necessary information confidential.
- Completes internal and external projects by assigning work to appropriate parties; follows up on results and deadlines as needed.
Team Operations and Events: Internal and External
- Design and support staff on identification and adoption of new software and systems that enable optimal efficiency and effectiveness
- Organizes and establishes meetings on a regular basis with designated individuals to foster positive relationships.
- Coordinates internal and external event logistics, timelines, and schedules.
- Plans external events related to team and program officer content/portfolios.
Project Management: Special Projects (the following is preferred, but not required)
- Lead and manage cross-functional internal and external key projects.
- For internal project management:
- Identify clear project metrics/goals of success;
- Define project requirements;
- Build buy-in of all project stakeholders with clear communication and expectation-setting of all stakeholders;
- Develop a schedule that documents the tasks that need to be done to complete all of the deliverables outlined in the scope;
- Define and monitor key objectives, benefits and expectations;
- Effectively identify problems as they arise, creatively determine solutions to address, identify next steps and communicate with key stakeholders consistently;
- Anticipate project challenges/risks, and mitigate with proactive solutions;
- Enable and build structures for effective and meaningful collaboration between individuals and stakeholders of the project;
- Identify key interdependencies across projects within and across the team.
The Team Operations Coordinator will have a passion for education and experience with the relevant content, an understanding of work in the nonprofit sector, and a strong desire to work with and support the Foundation.
- Minimum of Bachelor's level degree, two years of related experience preferred.
- Experience in operations, logistics, and/or systems orientation.
- Experience in event planning and/or project management.
- Working knowledge of computers and the operation of standard office machines and software (Microsoft Office Suite [Word, Excel, PowerPoint], Airtable, Tableau, Qualtrics, etc.).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent critical thinking and organization skills, attention to detail and accuracy, and ability to move quickly from one task to another.
- Ability to be flexible and handle multiple tasks, with a priority on meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrate innovation, initiative, and the ability to work independently when needed.
- Familiarity with a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Display sensitivity and responsiveness to confidential information.
- Possess “colleagues-as-customer” mindset; understand that co-workers and Director are primary beneficiaries of Team Operations Coordinator’s output.
- Possess “whatever-it-takes” attitude; develop creative and effective solutions for difficult, unique, or unexpected issues.
More jobs like this
- Full Time $70,000 - $99,999 Philanthropy / Social Responsibility Administrative / Clerical jobs in New York City
- Full Time $70,000 - $99,999 Philanthropy / Social Responsibility Education / Teaching jobs in New York City
- Full Time $70,000 - $99,999 Philanthropy / Social Responsibility Event Planning jobs in New York City