Director of Finance and Administration
- Experience Level
The Georgia Trust for Historic Preservation Atlanta, Georgia Director of FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Director of Finance and Administration plays a critical role in partnering with the senior leadership team in strategic decision making and operations as The Georgia Trust continues to enhance its quality programming and builds capacity.
The Director of Finance and Administration works closely with Board of Trustees and advises the Finance Committee and Investment Committee.
President & CEO
- Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements; collate financial reporting materials for all donor segments, and oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting
- Implement and maintain financial controls within the organization
- Supervise the financial and accounting activities of the organization
- Coordinate monthly reports and reconciliations with the Development Department
- Administer and manage the Trust’s investments at the direction of the Finance Committee and Investment Committee
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors and the finance committee of the board of trustees; assess any changes necessary
- Maintain bank relations
- Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the President and CEO; administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes; and keep senior leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status.
- Manage organizational cash flow, forecasting and risk management
- Implement a robust contracts management and financial management/ reporting system; ensure that the contract billing and collection schedule is adhered to and that financial data and cash flow are steady and support operational requirements.
- Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices; improve the finance department’s overall policy and procedures manual
- Effectively communicate and present the critical financial matters to the board of trustees
- Run monthly reports, prepare journal entries and miscellaneous vendor forms including year-end 1099
- Prepare all correspondence, reports, minutes and any other written material for finance and administration
- Process accounts payable for the statewide office and Hay House accounts, maintaining up to date vendor files
Human Resources, Technology and Administration
- Further develop and manage the Georgia Trust’s human resources and administration, enhancing professional development, compensation, 403(b), health insurance and other benefits
- Establish and manage a comprehensive training program to educate employees regarding staff tools, policies, and procedures
- Work closely and transparently with all external partners including third-party vendors and consultants
- Oversee administrative functions as well as facilities to ensure efficient and consistent operations
- Maintain and update employee personnel files including time sheets and leave requests
- Process payroll and prepare payroll reports
- Requires a BA in accounting or related with 5+ experience in the accounting field
- Must be adaptable, flexible and able to perform in a fast-paced nonprofit environment
- Experience of final responsibility for the quality and content of all financial data, reporting and audit coordination for either a division or significant program area, and experience in overseeing human resources functions
- A track record in grants management
- Technology savvy with experience in Blackbaud Financial Edge a plus; expert level knowledge of accounting and reporting software
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- A multi-tasker with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced environment
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of The Georgia Trust for Historic Preservation
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Mark C. McDonald, President and CEO at email@example.com.