- Experience Level
The Alzheimer's Association is making a difference and so can you!
The Alzheimer's Association is the world’s leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer care, support and research. We are the largest private funder of Alzheimer research and the premier source of information and support for the more than 5 million Americans with Alzheimer’s disease and their 15 million families and caregivers. The Alzheimer's Association was recognized as the #1 best large nonprofit to work for in 2016. We are proud to say that this makes the seventh year in a row that we’ve won Non-Profit Times 50 Best Places to Work award! We offer an excellent work environment and career development opportunities, coupled with competitive benefits and pay.
Job Title: Walk Manager (Chicago)
Location: Alzheimer’s Association – Greater Illinois Chapter; 8430 W. Bryn Mawr Avenue; Chicago, IL
Position Summary: The Walk Manager maintains responsibility for the planning, managing and execution of the Chicago Walk to End Alzheimer’s® event. This position will train, supervise and evaluate event staff as it pertains to the planning, coordination and execution of the Chicago Walk. Successful outcomes are defined by total dollars raised by the event as well as other factors that include total teams recruited, sponsors developed, and volunteer utilization. With the Chicago Walk being one of the most successful Walk to End Alzheimer’s® events in the country, the ideal candidate will be someone who is hard-working, innovative and motivated to build on this Walk's success.
- Provide direct supervision to Chicago Walk staff;
- Plan, manage, oversee and participate in all aspects of the Chicago Walk to End Alzheimer’s ®events;
- Solicit corporate/foundation/organizational sponsorship and gifts in local area through cold-calling, warm leads and other sources;
- Develop implementation plan incorporating best practices for Walk to End Alzheimer’s and ensure execution of plan;
- Work closely with team on Volunteer Committee recruitment and management using best practices;
- Collaborate with other staff and departments of the Alzheimer’s Association to achieve organizational goals and objectives;
- Provide guidance on fundraising/special events to a broader group;
- Manage a revenue budget of $1 million or more and an annual expense budget in keeping with the annual approved budget;
- Recruit and work with volunteers primarily as members of a larger committee and one-to-one regularly throughout the year.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, business or related field;
- 3-5 years’ not-for-profit fundraising, event planning, sales or marketing experience; or
- A combination of education and work experience;
- CFRE (Certified Fund Raising Executive) certification a plus;
- Must be comfortable with cold-calling and soliciting donations/participation at high intensity during certain periods of the fundraising season (min. 50%).
Skills and Abilities:
- General knowledge of standard fundraising techniques, particularly special events;
- Proven ability to generate fundraising leads and successfully meet fundraising goals;
- Ability to make $10,000 solicitations “asks” to companies and individuals a plus;
- Ability to think independently in developing improved methods, procedures, techniques or programs relating to own activities;
- Ability to handle periods of high pressure and intense focus;
- Strong skills collaborating with others.
The ideal candidate will be a highly organized, motivated self-starter with excellent organizational and time management skills, strong attention to detail and someone who thrives in a high-pressure environment.
Travel: Position may require limited to extensive local travel based on recruitment needs. Must have automobile with valid insurance.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday; ability to work occasional evenings and weekends as needed. Able to work weekends during Walk to End Alzheimer’s season (September & October).
Interested candidates, please visit our Applicant Self-Service portal by clicking on the following link: https://alz.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=37.
The Alzheimer’s Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we’d love to hear from you!