Development Director - Houston
5 days left
- Experience Level
The Development Director will support the 37 UNCF member institutions and serve as an ambassador for UNCF by cultivating new sources of revenue, with an emphasis on annual giving, major gifts and special events, in the Houston area of operation. The Development Director will assist the Area Development Directors in managing donor relationship very closely; identifying, recruiting, directing and acting as a liaison with volunteer leadership; implementing and developing day-today objectives, effective fundraising plans, campaign goals and budgets in concert with National UNCF leaders; and help lead the identification, cultivation and general stewardship of donors at all levels, including corporate, community leaders and key businesses.
The Development Director responsibilities include: planning and soliciting corporate, individual and in-kind donations; developing and submitting grant solicitations and proposals; managing, designing and executing fund-raising events; ensuring donor commitments and expectations are fulfilled; and developing and preparing communication/promotional programs in support of fund-raising efforts.
A Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year College or university required with 5 years of experience in fund-raising and a proven track record of achieving revenue targets or goals.
Candidate should possess the following competencies:
- Ability to conduct major fund raising activities, demonstrate initiative and work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-pace, deadline-driven environment with a results-oriented bias toward action.
- Ability to think and communicate, clearly, effectively and in context to present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, donors, sponsors and the general public.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Strong analytical thinking and excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated achievement and excellence in fundraising.
- Flexibility to attend evening and/or weekend events.
This position requires travel.
*This is a fundraising position that requires demonstrated donor relations management and will include some event planning and management.
UNCF, Inc. is an EOE M/F/V/D.