Associate Planned Giving Director
3 days left
- Experience Level
Are you ready to join an organization that is “doing the most good”? Do you want to make an impact in the lives of others? At The Salvation Army, we get to work toward that goal every day. This is where you can achieve professional growth with personal fulfillment.
The Salvation Army operates 7,546 centers in communities across the United States. These include food distribution, disaster relief, rehabilitation centers, anti-human trafficking efforts, housing for homeless, and a wealth of children’s programs. Our work is funded through kettle donations, corporate contributions, and the sale of goods donated to our Salvation Army Family Stores. Eighty-two cents of every dollar we spend supports our various missions across the country.
The Salvation Army has an outstanding opportunity for an Associate Planned Giving Director in Baton Rouge and/or New Orleans, LA. This position will cultivate and secure gifts to fund the Mission of The Salvation Army by developing and nurturing current and prospective donors and their professional advisors in the assigned geographic region and will respond to inquiries and communicate with donors, prospects, advisory organization members, Salvation Army staff and Officers. Some travel is required primarily within the assigned region The incumbent may live anywhere within the travel area.
This position will also:
- Conduct planned giving seminars and performs public speaking at Senior Citizens Expos, Home League and Rotary, etc.; establishes and maintains professional relationships in the community
- Assists local officers, their boards and committees in developing local promotional plans; conducts presentations to the advisory boards and meets with the Planned Giving Committee; cooperates with the divisional leaders, advisory boards, corps officers, other professionals and advisors.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the Internal Revenue Service regulations and applicable state laws; ensures continuous compliance to the same.
- Attends and participates in conferences and training sessions; reviews and studies various planned giving periodicals and publications; maintains up-to-date knowledge and awareness of planned giving practices and legislation in relation to planned giving and taxation.
We are looking for candidates with a proven track record of success and the following skills and experience:
- Three plus years’ experience achieving results in the fundraising field; major gifts, resource development, or related
- Demonstrated ability and experience building strong trusting relationships with clients
- Two to three year’s planned giving experience preferred but not required
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Ability to acquire a working knowledge of a large body of new, technical information.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including public presentations
- Track record of influencing others to make significant decisions.
The Salvation Army recognizes that peace of mind is important to employees and their families. Because of this, we offer a competitive salary, home office set up, reimbursed travel expenses, full health coverage, retirement, professional development, and paid time off!
Candidates should recognize that The Salvation Army is a Church and be able to uphold the Mission of The Salvation Army.
For consideration please send a cover letter with salary requirements, and resume to: Search2@carrassessment.com
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer