Classroom Therapist - Therapeutic Preschool
- Degree Level
The Building Blocks program provides caring, therapeutic interventions for preschoolers and K-1 students who have struggled with behavioral and emotional difficulties and may have been removed from other schools. Building Blocks fosters the growth of each child’s potential for learning, creativity and social-emotional development in a safe and nurturing environment. The program’s therapeutic milieu incorporates a careful balance of structure and free play that supports each child in building a bridge to great emotional stability and in preparing to attend mainstream elementary schools.
The Classroom Therapist provides therapeutic, case management and consultation services for a caseload of children and families. The duties in this capacity include facilitating groups in the classroom, helping to create and implement individualized behavioral plans for each child and assisting the classroom staff in understanding clinical issues and creating a therapeutic milieu.
- Conduct weekly individual and family therapy for each student.
- Monitor classroom behavioral interventions for each student.
- Provide case management and social services for each student.
- Monitor psychotropic medications.
- Record all contacts in progress notes.
- Complete all reports required for each student.
- Develop initial individual and family therapy contacts for each student.
- Assist with crisis intervention and special activities as per schedule.
- Provide consultation to classroom staff.
- Attend weekly clinical and business meetings; present cases to be discussed as pre-assigned.
- Attend weekly case management meetings and, if scheduled, prepare and present all necessary therapeutic and treatment information.
- Attend all relevant training, including in-services.
- Meet regularly with supervisor(s) to evaluate each student.
- Master's degree in Social Work or Master's degree in Psychology, BBS license eligible
- Bilingual Spanish/English a plus!
- Experience working in a preschool setting a plus
- Valid California Driver’s License and insurability by Seneca's automobile insurance carrier
- Fulfillment of TB test, fingerprinting and state clearance, and any other mandatory state/federal requirements
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, and chiropractic coverage and partially paid premiums for dependents
- Employer-paid Employee Assisted Program
- 5 weeks of flexible paid time off
- 403b Retirement Plan
- Excellent clinical training, individual and group supervision, and assistance toward licensure.