- Experience Level
Job Title: Executive Director
Reports to: Urban Perform Board of Directors
Time commitment: Full-time
About the Position:
The Executive Director is responsible for the leadership, management and financial development of Urban Perform. The Executive Director partners with the board of directors and leads the organization’s strategic growth and development as outlined in the organization’s strategic plan, including the implementation of operational programs and processes that will help accomplish Urban Perform’s mission, increase fund raising revenue, and accelerate the growth of the organization.
- Bachelor's degree required. Graduate degree considered favorably.
- Demonstrated success in fundraising.
- Relevant experience in sustaining strong partnerships/relationships, managing staff, budgets and board of directors.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work with and relate to diverse groups of children and families.
- High level of self-motivation, leadership ability and commitment to customer/member service.
- Exceptional communication, organizational and reporting skills.
Summary of Duties:
- Hold primary responsibility for ensuring Urban Perform has the resources needed to sustain and grow its programs and operations.
- Focus on identification, cultivation, and closing formal requests to capable sources of major gifts.
- Increase monthly giving and annual giving.
- Establish and attain goals for special events and grant acquisition.
- Manage revenue streams, making sure quarterly bench marks are met so the budget is sustainable.
- Manage successful Capital and Endowment campaigns when applicable.
- Work closely with the Board to develop fundraising goals and execute a fundraising strategy.
- Review and approve monthly financial reports and transaction summaries, as prepared by the bookkeeper.
- Report financials monthly to the Board.
- Work closely with Board Treasurer to develop and monitor budgets, ensure all funds are spent in accordance with donor’s restrictions, track functional expenses and actively lead financial compliance, forecasting and transparency.
Program Oversight, Evaluation and Growth Planning
- Ensure all programs and services are of the highest quality and effectiveness.
- Ensure policies and procedures are communicated and followed consistently, for the physical and emotional safety of all members, youth, volunteers and staff.
- Ensure program outcome data is captured effectively and lead the analysis of this data for strategic planning and communication to funders and stakeholders.
- Partner with staff to implement strategies to grow membership and program enrollment through successful marketing campaigns, high quality programs, and great customer service.
- Actively seek to understand community needs. Incorporate community feedback into the development and delivery of effective programming.
- Serve as the staff leader.
- Supervise and evaluate direct reports – Director of Youth Programs.
- Consistently communicate the mission of Urban Perform, through personal advocacy, as well as formal multi-channel organizational communications.
- Actively support staff or board volunteer in creation and execution of annual communications plan.
- Work closely with the Board of Directors to manage governance, oversight and strategic direction of Urban Perform.
- Partner actively with the Executive Committee to recruit board members staff committees and leadership positions and monitor effectiveness of the Board.
- Assist Board Chair in developing active Board Committees that partner with community volunteers to help drive our mission throughout our neighborhoods that we serve.
- Attend and provide operational updates at bi-monthly Board meetings.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with a wide community of stakeholders, including donors, volunteers and member families.
- Leverage community leadership and connections to position Urban Perform as a leading health/fitness organization in Atlanta.
- Serve as the key connector for Urban Perform with the community. Demonstrate a reputation for bridging organizations, understanding community needs, and getting things done. Be the "must have leader" for key community projects in our neighborhoods.
If you are interested in applying for this job please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE direct emails ONLY to the address provided above.
More searches like this
- Development / Fundraising Recreation / Sports $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Direct Service / Social Service Recreation / Sports $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Education / Teaching Recreation / Sports $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Executive / Senior Management Recreation / Sports $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Health / Medical Recreation / Sports $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta