- Experience Level
About L'Arche Atlanta: L’Arche Atlanta is community of people with and without disabilities who share life and friendship. L'Arche Atlanta is a member community of the international federation of L'Arche, an international organization with communities in 140 locations in 35 countries. L'Arche Atlanta launched in 2012 with one house in the Oakhurst neighborhood of Decatur where four individuals with disabilities (who we call "Core Members") share life with a community of assistants (caregivers) and volunteers.
The House Coordinator is responsible for the overall management of the L'Arche home on Mead Rd and performs those tasks and duties that are integral to the smooth running and administration of a community that is also a service provider agency. The House Coordinator works in collaboration with the Executive Director and the Director of Professional Services, as a member of this 3-person Leadership Team, and as a Liaison between the Leadership and House Team.
Director Professional Services
Duties and Responsibilities:
Specific tasks include but are not limited to the following:
1. Regularly contribute and coordinate with Leadership Team (executive leadership of the organization) toward implementation of organizational priorities for faith/intentional community and state-contracted services
2. Participate in recruitment and hiring of Assistants
3. Directly supervise, train, form, and coordinate schedule of Live-in and Live-out Assistants and Volunteers
4. Lead House Team meetings, and facilitate / participate in house-wide meetings.
Intentional community aspect:
5. Coordinate daily communal life in the L’Arche house (meals, activities, meetings, hospitality)
6. Ensure the quality of shared life. Build a family atmosphere and an atmosphere of welcome and friendship. Develop and maintain relationships with all members of the house community.
7. Support and facilitate household prayer life and spiritual growth, by way of evening prayer, celebrations, observation of religious seasons and holidays, facilitate participation of each member in their local faith communities and deepening in their own spiritual traditions
8. Tend the aesthetic of house facility toward not only state-mandated conditions for health and safety of household, but of general well-being and sense of “home.”
9. Live-in aspect here lends itself to belonging to family / household.
Quality care aspect:
10. Directly support and empower core members [adults with intellectual disabilities] in daily life (personal care, assistance with medication, implementation of Individual Support Plans, cooking, cleaning, transportation, outings, medical appointments, finances, coordination and communication with family, workplace, friends, support coordinators, and other professionals);
11. In collaboration and with delegation from Director of Professional Services, maintain all necessary documentation for state-contracted services, in regard to the above daily support of core members, training of Assistants, and general maintenance of licensure.
12. Ensure house maintenance, repair, and cleanliness.
13. Live-in aspect serves necessity of on-site, on-call presence overnight with core members.
14. “Announce L’Arche” and connect with the disability community in the metro Atlanta area (conferences, speaking and tabling events)
15. Maintain connection with other L’Arche communities, L’Arche USA, L’Arche International.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline to apply is March 13th.