- Experience Level
Organization and Mission
ELEVATE Orlando is an educational, civic non-profit designed to meet the complex needs of urban youth, providing both character education & life skills training. Our mission to equip urban youth to graduate with a plan for the future is achieved by establishing long-term relationships between ELEVATE Orlando Teacher/Mentors and students through three program areas: In-School programs which teach curriculum emphasizing character & leadership development, 24/7 Mentoring, and Post-Secondary preparation.
The President/Executive Director will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for ELEVATE Orlando’s staff, programs, and execution of its mission. This role will have oversight of operations, business plans and retention and development of key donors and new fundraising sources. The President/Executive Director represents the organization in the community and ensures effective working relationships among our various partners throughout the Central Florida community.
Leadership & Management
- Ensure ongoing local programmatic excellence and rigorous program evaluation
- Oversight and management of finance and administration, fundraising, communications, and systems.
- Set and achieve strategic objectives and budgets. Recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals.
- Manage, coach and develop high-performing teams.
- Evaluate program components, to measure successes that can be effectively communicated to the board, funders, and other constituents.
- Manage and partner with COO in the areas of operations, program and fund development.
- Develop, maintain, and support a strong Board of Directors. Seek and build board involvement with strategic direction for operations and fundraising.
- Actively engage and energize board members, event committees, alumni, partnering organizations, and funders.
Fundraising & Communications
- Expand local revenue generating and fundraising activities to support existing program operations and regional expansion.
- Use external presence and relationships to garner new opportunities.
- Lead and organize site visits on campus with community leaders.
- Manage and partner with grant writer to target and process grant opportunities.
- Deepen and refine all aspects of communications—from web presence to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger brand.
Strategic Planning and Pipeline Development
- Design the regional expansion and complete the strategic business planning process for the program expansion into new schools.
- Build partnerships in new school pipelines, establishing relationships with funders, and political and community leaders.
- Represent and be an advocate for ELEVATE at the local level communicating program successes to serve as a model of future opportunities.
- Spearhead strategic planning and create reporting, processes and virtual systems to take ELEVATE to the next level.
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of 8 years of Non-profit development and management or relevant experience.
- Demonstrated success in prior leadership and management positions.
- Strong track record and proven success in fundraising and cultivating relationships with key individuals and donors.
- Strong management skills, prior success leading a team and demonstrated ability to coach and mentor.
- Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships.
- Superior conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated ability to drive change and accomplish goals through a team.
- Ability to manage variety of short and long-term projects concurrently.
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
- Passion, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills.
- Entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning
Evelyn Wilson has been retained by Elevate Orlando to lead the search efforts for this position. Please email resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.