Kids on the Block Puppeteer
- Experience Level
MENTAL HEALTH AMERICA OF GEORGIA
Puppeteer, Kids on the Block Program
Status: Part-Time Contract
Reports to: Director, Kids on the Block
The mission of Mental Health America (MHA) of Georgia is to enhance the mental health of Georgians through education, outreach, and advocacy. We envision a future in which all Georgians will have access to culturally competent and appropriate mental health services for and information on prevention, early intervention, treatment, and recovery.
We are Georgia’s leading nonprofit dedicated to helping all Georgians live mentally healthier lives. We represent a growing movement of Americans who promote mental wellness for the health and well-being of everyone in our state, emphasizing mental health as a critical component of a healthy lifestyle. For more information, please visit our website at www.mhageorgia.org.
This contract position will fulfill the duties of a puppeteer for MHA of Georgia’s Kids on the Block (KOTB) program, including performing puppet shows, conducting post-show discussion sessions, and disseminating mental health information throughout Georgia in keeping with the mission of MHA of Georgia.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Thoroughly memorize, rehearse, and perform KOTB copyrighted scripts in youth venues throughout the state.
- Facilitate post-show discussions about mental health and wellness with KOTB audiences.
Experience & Requirements
- Experience in puppetry is not required, but enthusiasm for working with children (ages 3-17 years) and promoting mental health and wellness is essential.
- The puppeteer position requires at least a one-year commitment and a flexible schedule - puppeteer must be available on various weekdays for a complete morning (7:30-12:00) and/or afternoon/evening (1:00pm-7:00pm) to do scheduled performances that occur during those times. Scheduling ebbs and flows, thus the need for someone with a flexible schedule.
- Puppeteer will provide his/her own transportation to and from KOTB rehearsals in downtown Atlanta. KOTB Director will provide transportation to and from puppet shows throughout the state. Puppeteers must be willing to travel within and outside of the metro Atlanta area and throughout the state of Georgia with the Director to perform.
Please direct all inquiries to Lorie Summers, KOTB Director. Inquiries must include a cover letter, resume, and references. Submit to: email@example.com. Inquiries by phone will be dismissed.
More searches like this
- Advocacy / Lobbying Youth Development up to $29,999 Contract / Freelance jobs in Atlanta
- Child Care / After school / Counselor Youth Development up to $29,999 Contract / Freelance jobs in Atlanta
- Direct Service / Social Service Youth Development up to $29,999 Contract / Freelance jobs in Atlanta
- Education / Teaching Youth Development up to $29,999 Contract / Freelance jobs in Atlanta
- Health / Medical Youth Development up to $29,999 Contract / Freelance jobs in Atlanta