- Experience Level
The Case Manager is responsible for conducting field-based assessments of homeless clients’ needs, including conducting psychosocial and cognitive assessments; developing and continually updating collaborative client care plans; providing referrals to health and psychosocial service resources and programs; and providing informal, field –based short-term psychosocial counseling to address immediate client barriers and impediments to care, including mental health and substance abuse issues. Direct client work and interaction with be done in the field and at the office.
- Conducts field based intake, assessment, reassessment, and discharge planning of eligible HIV-positive clients
- Provide service referral, linkage, coordination and advocacy services for clients
- Provide case management services following standards of practice
- Develop and renew clients’ individualized case management treatment plans
- Conducts short-term psychosocial, mental health and substance use counseling
- Participates in the transition of clients to higher and lower levels of care based on acuity
- Coordinates with clients’ medical providers weekly
- Complete necessary documentation, UOS reports and treatment plans in a timely manner
- Participate in weekly case conferences, monthly staff meetings and in-service trainings
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned
- Masters in social work or related field or comparable work experience
- Two years of experience providing counseling, advocacy, education and service coordination and/or outreach work to disenfranchised communities.
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS, STIs, substance use, mental health, social service and probation system
- Familiarity with HIV/AIDS issues in communities of color.
- Knowledge of harm reduction philosophy, client centered counseling and motivational interviewing techniques
- Must be adaptive, flexible and a team player
- Strong verbal and written proficiency in English
- Spanish language skills preferred
- San Francisco, CA
TO APPLY: ONLY applications submitted through our online database will be considered. Please include both your cover letter and resume when prompted to insert your resume in the database here:
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package which includes: medical, dental and vision insurance, generous vacation, sick leave and holidays, one-month sabbatical, 403(b) with employer match, flexible work schedule, flex spending account, life insurance, long-term disability, professional development opportunities and more! (Benefits guidelines and eligibility vary based on tenure, employment status and FTE, among other factors.)
Asian & Pacific Islander Wellness Center is an equal opportunity employer committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. Asian & Pacific Islander Wellness Center does not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, disability status, gender identity, HIV status, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.