Program Director, Mental Health
- Experience Level
Alternative Family Services (AFS) is looking for a licensed clinician to lead an innovative mental health program in our East Bay office. This program includes two services: Therapeutic Visitation and Outpatient. Both services are designed to promote wellness in youth that are currently involved in foster care. Therapeutic Visitation services are designed to promote positive parenting and support families in the reunification process, while the Outpatient program works with foster youth and their significant supports.
The Program Director will supervise the Clinical Supervisors to ensure best practices are implemented and agency standards are met and exceeded. The Program Director is ultimately responsible for the team of clinicians and paraprofessionals in casework, case management, individual and family therapy and therapeutic visitation. The Program Director must have a solid understanding of family systems and experience working with parents and their children.
- Licensed MFT, LCSW, Psy.D., or Ph.D. The Program Director must be licensed for a minimum of two years and able to supervise interns, caseworkers, and paraprofessionals
- Supervisory and/or management experience within public social service, mental health, or managed care systems
- Able to effectively collaborate with other agency managers
- Possess and agree to continue to work on cultural competency as it relates to the diverse client population served
- Able to obtain fingerprint and government background clearances
- Responsible for direct clinical supervision of clinical and paraprofessional staff
- Responsible for the Quality Improvement aspects of the program including knowing rules and regulations and implementing procedures to assure compliance with Medi-Cal/EPSDT
- Responsible for meeting county contract objectives Assist, as directed by the Mental Health Director, in the overall operation and services delivered by the program including the development, implementation and evaluation of mental health services, staff training and evaluation, and coordination with outside agencies
- Provide individual weekly supervision of staff, which includes treatment planning, case discussions, clinical training, ongoing assessment of work performance, problem solving, and monitoring the supervisee’s progress of attaining their goals and objectives.
- A competitive total compensation package
- A benefits package including: medical, dental, vision and chiropractic insurance, flex-spending options, life and disability insurance, a 403(b) option, 10 paid holidays plus your birthday off and a generous vacation accrual
- A professional and supportive work environment