- Position Type
- Full Time
Duties and Responsibilities to include but not limited to:
- Orient, assess, and provide employment consultation for new clients, and working clients.
- Leverage client background, and experience through employment counseling.
- Oversee the day-to-day case management of both working and non-working clients.
- Facilitate / teach various employment and life skills classes and workshops.
- Maintain accurate client/program statistics to manage caseload and generate reports as needed.
- Maintain up-to-date internal and external referral resources that facilitate client employment search.
- Organize, plan, and facilitate evening group meetings as assigned.
- Represent Chrysalis to stakeholders.
- Other duties as assigned.
Orient, assess, and provide employment consultation for new clients and working clients.
Introduce new clients to Chrysalis’ services and mission. Conduct client assessment interviews to determine eligibility, collect demographic data, social history, employment, and educational background. Assess clients for job readiness, including substance abuse, legal history, and mental and physical health. Provide information about and referral to educational opportunities, training programs, and other social service resources.
Leverage client background and experience through employment counseling.
Assist clients individually to gain, maintain, and advance in employment. Assist clients with writing resumes, cover letters, and thank you letters. Help clients clarify skills and qualifications to prepare for their job searches. Meet and counsel each client weekly to monitor daily job search activities. Refer appropriate clients to Chrysalis Enterprises for transitional job program. Accurately document and monitor the distribution of job search resources, such as bus fare, clothing, etc. Provide individual employment counseling, post-employment follow-up, and support. Provide back-up to scheduled volunteers by conducting classes, resume preparation, practice interviews, and other employment services.
Oversee the day-to-day case management of working and non-working clients.
Have a clear understanding of the client tracking software. Keep track of client statistics in the electronic case management system and other data collection methods as needed. Maintain a current file for each client documenting client information, activities (intake, job prep classes, etc.), progress, resource utilization, and program outcomes, inputting information into the system in a timely manner.
Facilitate / teach various employment and life skills classes and workshops.
Facilitate employment and life skills classes / workshops, in English. Implement and deliver applicable training workshops that assist clients to retain and grow in employment. Coordinate with program team to improve curriculum content and resources.
Maintain accurate clients/program statistics to manage caseload and generate reports as needed.
Input data from client Assessments into client tracking tool. This information includes: demographics, employment/work skills, education, housing, physical/mental health, substance abuse, legal status/history, and income/assets. Document client program participation and resource usage in applicable database. Maintain accurate case notes and data reports that reflect client progress and challenges. Analyze and report monthly data as required to maintain accurate client and program-based statistics.
Maintain up-to-date internal and external referral resources that facilitate client employment search.
Refer clients to local community resources and also to resources within Chrysalis. Community resources include alcohol/drug recovery, medical services, mental health services, legal services, shelter/housing, and job training. Chrysalis resources include various workshops, computer classes, resume preparation sessions, practice interviews, and Chrysalis Enterprises transitional employment.
Organize, plan, and facilitate evening group meetings as assigned.
Plan curriculum for daytime and evening groups, as needed. Provide guidance and support to improve clients’ ability to get, keep, and grow in employment.
Represent Chrysalis to stakeholders.
Be equipped to give site tours/presentations as requested that cover organizational history, mission, goals, and outlook. Attend outreach events and resource fairs to represent Chrysalis, as needed.
Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Job Skills & Qualifications:
- BA or BS in related field and/or 3-5 years of experience in social services or related fields.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Strong computer and word processing skills are required.
- Ability to motivate others and to solve problems.
- Team player who is willing to help other employees when needed.
- Strong understanding and/or experience working with homeless, low-income, and recovering populations.
- Sensitive to various cultures and lifestyles.
- Excellent verbal, written, communication and organizational skills.
This is an exciting position in a fast-paced organization. We offer a highly competitive benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short and Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, Parking/Transit Accounts, paid time off, paid holidays, and more.
Chrysalis encourages employment applications from people who are representative of the culturally and ethnically diverse communities Chrysalis serves. Chrysalis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No phone calls or drop-ins regarding this position please. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.