- Degree Level
Title: Investment Analyst
Location: Atlanta, Georgia (on-site)
Reports to: GMC Executive Director (Atlanta)
Anticipated Start Date: March 2017
Type: 6-month contract minimum
Gray Matters Capital
Gray Matters Capital (GMC) is an impact investing foundation founded by Bob Pattillo that invests in extraordinary entrepreneurs around the world. GMC’s mission is to achieve "An education leading to a purpose filled life for 100 Million Women by 2036." Today, GMC enterprises reach millions of underserved families, women and children across Asia and Latin America through the creation of innovative and affordable education products and services and by providing access to capital.
Our history includes starting Gray Ghost Ventures, the Short Term Liquidity Fund, Gray Ghost Microfinance Fund, GGV Doen Cooperatief, First Light Ventures, Indian School Finance Company, Gray Matters School Rating System, Gray Matters Kenya, Village Capital and IDEX Global Fellowship. To learn more about our work, please visit www.graymatterscap.com.
GMC is expanding its mission to empower women globally by accelerating the development of innovative and boundary-pushing start-ups, which address complex social issues and reach underserved markets and demographics. GMC Labs will invest $1 Million over the next 12 months to fund pilots that have potential to scale to help propel us toward our mission—improving the lives of 100 million women globally.
GMC is hiring an Investment Analyst who will work in concert with the GMC Labs Team to source, evaluate, support potential top-tier entrepreneurs for investment. The candidate for this position will have a deep commitment to working with investments who have a strong alignment with GMC’s social and financial objectives.
Key Tasks and Duties
Recruitment and Pipeline Development
- Identify and implement key recruitment strategies to foster an awareness of GMC Labs objectives and mission to attract quality applicants.
- Cultivate and maintain a pipeline of innovative entrepreneurs and start-up organizations to a selective group of investment-ready companies.
- Ensure and maximize alignment GMC vision and mission and potential investments
Relationship and Success Building
- Work directly with applicants to foster relationships with top-tier entrepreneurs.
- Advise most-promising entrepreneurs on investment-readiness and key success factors as they prepare their investment offering for GMC Labs.
- Provide excellent support to applicants as they prepare their investment offering information for the GMC Labs investment cycle.
- Evaluate and communicate the possible risks/reward potential of possible investments to internal team.
Desired Qualifications and Personal Characteristics
- Program recruitment experience preferred
- Experience in Social Enterprise, or Financial sector in general preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Windows Operating Systems
- Excellent organizational, planning and time management skills
- Resourceful, critical thinker and excellent problem solver
- Good presentation and communication skills
How to Apply: http://bit.ly/2iKlPT9
More searches like this
- Accounting / Finance Philanthropy / Social Responsibility Contract / Freelance jobs in Atlanta
- Development / Fundraising Philanthropy / Social Responsibility Contract / Freelance jobs in Atlanta
- Human Resources / Recruiting Philanthropy / Social Responsibility Contract / Freelance jobs in Atlanta
- Program / Project Management Philanthropy / Social Responsibility Contract / Freelance jobs in Atlanta