Development and Communications Assistant
- Degree Level
The Development and Communications Assistant directly supports the Director of Development, Executive Director and Board of Directors in helping to execute fundraising strategies that will increase organizational revenue and support program growth.
- Manage donor records and mailings via database software system (Raiser’s Edge).
- Provide administrative support to the Director of Development.
- Assist with updating social media content on various platforms and other communication activities.
- Provide support for key fundraising activities including donor relations, direct mail appeals, proposal writing, and special events/galas.
- Maintain and manage donor records.
- Coordinate mailing for all donor solicitations.
- Maintain foundation, corporation and individual donor files.
- Create monthly fundraising reports and other database reports as needed.
- Maintain and update social media platforms and other digital content as needed.
- Conduct preliminary research on prospective corporate, foundation and individual donors.
- Assist with written materials, proposals and donor-related publications.
- Assist with the coordination of fundraising events.
- Provide support to Director of Development, Executive Director and Board of Directors for donor cultivation and stewardship.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Development.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 1-2 years minimum of development and/or communications experience, preferably in a nonprofit or academic setting.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and complete projects in a timely manner.
- Knowledge and experience with posting on social media platforms (i.e., Twitter, Facebook, Instagram)
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite and Raiser’s Edge or similar database software programs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with experience dealing with individual donors and institutional funders (corporations and foundations).