Special Events and Outreach Manager
- Willingness to Travel
- up to 25%
The Special Events/Outreach Manager reports to the Executive Director (ED) and works with ED and the Director of Development (DD) to plan and execute fundraising and other awareness building events that will maximize event revenue and growth of the SRF constituency, which includes donors, patients, caregivers, corporations and others in the scleroderma community.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Develop and manage event budgets and timelines. Events include, but are not limited to, fundraising events including the SRF signature fundraiser, Cool Comedy – Hot Cuisine, Annual Scientific Workshop, SRF educational/awareness building events and other hosted events held in support of programmatic endeavors.
- Secure site, vendors and negotiate contracts to ensure quality event production and budgeted guidelines are met for annual events.
- Work with communications staff to develop event collateral and communication strategy. Ensuring accuracy of printed materials including all donor recognition.
- Manage logistics to ensure event production meets the highest possible quality standards and results in optimum experience for attendees.
- Coordinate vendors to secure donated product including, but not limited to; food, beverage, and gift bag.
Community Outreach / Volunteer Fundraising Events
- In conjunction with development and communications staff create and execute strategies to increase awareness about scleroderma and the work of the SRF.
- Serve as liaison at local and national outreach events to further SRF engagement within the scleroderma community.
- Establish and cultivate relationships with community leaders to grow and support volunteer fundraising and awareness building events.
- Provide technical and logistical support for large-scale volunteer fundraising events.
- Minimum three years non-profit event management experience including
- Preferable experience would include healthcare or scientific research non-profits
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including public speaking/presentation
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to manage multiple deadlines
- Experience developing budgets, negotiating contracts and managing offsite consultants
- Proven experience with ability to quickly create rapport and cultivate relationships with a broad network of constituents
- Exceptional computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Power Point and Raiser’s Edge
- Ability to travel on occasion (10-15%) to various parts of US