- Experience Level
The Community School of Music and Arts (CSMA) in Mountain View is seeking for a Development Associate to support our fundraising operations. This is a full time, 32 hours per week, non-exempt position. Benefits include paid time off, CSMA tuition discount, retirement plan and health benefits.
The Development Associate supports all administrative operations and volunteer coordination, and helps execute the annual development plan in conjunction with the development team and Executive Director. The position provides administrative support for all fundraising initiatives, including appeals, annual fundraising events, grants and donor stewardship. Maintains donor database (GiftWorks), manages preparations for events and donor meetings and generates reports for team and Board. Presents a positive image of CMSA in all internal and external contacts.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Supports all development activities, including mailings, annual appeal, special events and gala.
• Manages donor database, including entering gifts and generating detailed donation reports. Reconciles monthly with Finance.
• Provides administrative support for Board of Directors, including scheduling, monthly mailings and committee meetings.
• Provides administrative support for the Executive Director, including correspondence, calendaring, word processing and spreadsheet production and maintaining donor files.
• College degree and 2 years minimum administrative experience.
• Experience working in a non-profit organization preferred.
• Impeccable attention to detail.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to deal effectively with donors, staff, board and volunteers.
• Strong time management, project management, and organizational skills.
• Flexible, proactive, creative, problem-solving attitude, including comfort with technology and basic information systems such as Google e-mail Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and GiftWorks donor database.
• Enthusiasm for the arts and education. Arts background a plus.
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume
ABOUT THE COMMUNITY SCHOOL OF MUSIC AND ARTS
Founded in 1968, CSMA is Northern California’s largest non-profit provider of arts education programs. With a $4.9 million budget and 160-member staff and faculty, it is one of the ten largest community schools in the United States. Located in the heart of Silicon Valley, one of the global capitals of creativity, CSMA is dedicated to instilling, training and nurturing creativity for all stages of life. Headquartered in the award-winning Finn Center in the City of Mountain View, CSMA directly serves over 22,000 people of all ages, skill levels and economic means each year, including over 15,000 students at 32 schools in San Mateo and Santa Clara Counties.