Part Time Administrative Assistant
- Experience Level
About HMHB: Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies Coalition of Georgia's mission is to improve maternal and child health through advocacy, education and access to vital resources. Our vision is that very mother and child in Georgia will have access to resources for a healthier life. Learn more about HMHB by visiting us online at: www.hmhbga.org.
Overview: Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies Coalition of Georgia (HMHB) seeks a qualified applicant for the part-time position of Administrative Assistant. We are looking for a dynamic professional to join our team and support our mission-driven activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Initial review of incoming reimbursements, payments, donations and invoices
- Scanning documentation for online record-keeping
- Processing initial bids for professional services and equipment
- Handling vendor logistics
- Filing and archiving organizational documents
- Ordering of supplies, equipment and approved purchases
- Handling issues regarding the phone system, internet connectivity, and open tickets with IT consultants
- Reviewing all employee reimbursements and time sheets; providing correction as needed
- Assisting the Executive Director with event logistics throughout the year including registrations, payments and external communications
- Organization and maintenance of server filing system
- Data-entry and maintenance of donor and member management system
- Preparing monthly contract invoices
- Some intern and volunteer supervision
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining composure
- Data entry using Microsoft Office Suite of products
- Must be dedicated to improving maternal and infant health in Georgia
- Great attention to detail
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong understanding of phone and online systems and how to manage related issues
- Ideal candidate will be well organized and have event management experience
- Can work with a diverse group of community, business, government and non-profit stakeholders to accomplish a common goal
- Knowledge of QuickBooks and accounting software.
- Understanding of non-profit organizations.
- Familiarity with Constant Contact, eTapestry, WordPress and Publisher or comparable.
- 3+ years in a similar role.
To Apply: Please email your current resume or CV, a cover letter expressing your interest (body of email is fine), and two references who can speak to the qualifications listed above, to Elise Blasingame, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please, no phone calls.
Deadline: We request that candidate documents be submitted by January 13, 2017. The position will stay open until filled. Due to the high volume of applicants, only candidates selected for initial interviews will receive a response.