VP, Development & Marketing
- Degree Level
Quality Care for Children is an Atlanta-based nonprofit organization with over 35 years of experience working to ensur Georgia’s infants and young children are nurtured and educated. The organization’s primary focus is on creating excellence in child care and early learning by:
Providing training and resources to child care providers to increase the overall quality of care.
Helping parents access affordable, quality care for their children to ensure the best early learning experiences.
The VP, Development & Marketing must have the ability to think strategically and supervise a staff of three to execute all development, marketing and communications functions of Quality Care for Children, and to work with staff across all departments. The VP will supervise marketing strategies for the agency and all of its programs.
POSITION TITLE: VP, Development & Marketing
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS: This position will report to the CEO.
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The ideal candidate will:
- Provide strategic vision and leadership. The VP of Development & Marketing serves as a member of the Senior Management Team which is responsible for offering strategic leadership to the organization. The VP is responsible for ensuring the development and successful execution of comprehensive development and marketing strategies to support QCC’s growth. The VP of Development & Marketing will be a values-driven leader with high emotional intelligence. He or she will inspire confidence and provide collaborative, forward-thinking leadership.
- Be a compelling frontline representative. The VP will have frontline development and marketing experience and the ability to inspire donors and constituents of all kinds. The VP will engage the QCC Board members, as well as individual, foundation, corporate and public/private partners and donors. A dynamic speaker and communicator, the VP will be a credible, effective and versatile storyteller and representative of QCC’s mission and work.
- Grow and diversify support. The VP of Development & Marketing will broaden, diversify and deepen relationships with current and prospective donors. The VP will look for opportunities to innovate QCC’s development strategies. The VP of Development & Marketing will be responsible for raising at least $2.5 million dollars annually to support the work of QCC.
- Elevate QCC’s visibility, reputation and brand. The VP of Development & Marketing will work with board members, program staff and community volunteers to create and execute marketing plans for the organization and its programs. The VP will expand QCC’s thought leadership position in the early education arena. The VP will stay abreast of national and local early education issues.
- Be a proven leader of people. The VP will be a compassionate, inspiring leader who builds trust, unites the team and inspires high performance and commitment. The VP will be a systems thinker and strategist, comfortable with technology and able to lead change.
PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS AND CORPORATE CULTURE
The successful candidate will come to this position with strong leadership skills, a proven background in successful fundraising, marketing and communications, and an understanding and passion for the mission of Quality Care for Children.
Individual characteristics include:
- Deep passion for the mission of QCC and a desire to become a part of a stable and growing organization.
- At least ten years in the non-profit sector with significant fundraising experience
- A proven understanding of marketing trends in the non-profit sector as well as knowledge of existing networks for sharing ideas and best practices in the field
- Creative mindset with an ability to develop innovative yet practical opportunities for donor engagement with the organization.
- Proven track record of initiating, cultivating and managing relationships with key donors and stakeholders
- Ability to lead high-performing teams.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Strong budgeting and financial management skills
- Willingness to engage, learn and grow continuously
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Highly organized with effective time management skills and ability to prioritize workload
Bachelor’s degree is required. Master’s degree or CFRE preferred.
$80,000 - $95,000
This position will be located at QCC offices in Atlanta, GA near I-85 and North Druid Hills Road.
It is the policy of Quality Care for Children that all employees shall receive an equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual preference or disability in employment.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org