Managing Director of Ventures ATL
- Experience Level
Managing Director Role
Ventures ATL is seeking a positive, high-energy, entrepreneurial-minded professional for the Managing Director position. This key management role will be instrumental in driving growth and running all aspects of the day-to-day operations of this start-up venture. The Managing Director will be a key influencer in shaping the culture of Ventures ATL and will report directly to the Board of Directors.
We are passionate about providing meaningful and sustainable employment opportunities for qualified adults with autism and other developmental disabilities while also providing quality deliverables for our corporate clients. While we are structured as a nonprofit entity, we believe that Ventures ATL’s enduring success is tied to our application of disciplines and practices typically found in successful for-profit business enterprises. We will maintain a focus on identifying areas where the skills of our employees can be deployed to produce true business value to our customers in areas of genuine commercial demand.
Responsibilities of the Managing Director
- Collaborates and communicates with the Board of Directors in order to fulfill the organization’s mission.
- Manages operations and effective administration of the portfolio of businesses of Ventures ATL.
- Develops and maintains an effective system of personnel development and evaluation.
- Responsible for improving operational systems, processes and best practices that ensures the
organization’s growth and well-being.
- Responsible for maintaining positive relationships with client companies and other external stakeholders.
- Serves as Ventures ATL's spokesperson to the media and general public.
Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree in business, marketing, operations management, engineering, human resources/organizational development or related areas *AND* previous experience with individuals with autism and/or developmental disabilities. Candidates with a minimum of two years of work experience will be strongly considered.
- You have a passion for the mission of Ventures ATL, and are seeking purposeful work serving the autism and developmentally disabled community.
- You are interested in leveraging your business acumen and skills to establish and grow a nonprofit start-up that employs the practices of successful for-profit enterprises.
- You demonstrate strong business judgment and instincts with the ability to continually evaluate and effectively respond to the ongoing needs of the organization.
- You possess a strong work ethic and the willingness and ability to work strategic and tactical levels as needed.
- You have the ability to supervise and relate to our targeted employees.
- You like a challenge and can manage ambiguity. Your personality is suited to working with the “ups and downs’ of a new and growing organization
- You can work as an effective ambassador of Ventures ATL. You have strong written and verbal communication skills with constituencies of all levels including clients, employees, the Board of Directors, the media and the public.
Salary is commensurate with education and work experience.
- Send a resume and cover letter to Chet Hurwitz at: VenturesATL@gmail.com
- Preference will be given to applications received by January 30, 2017.
- This position requires a pre-employment criminal background investigation, and checks of employer/professional references as well as college/university transcripts and related training certificates.
VenturesATL is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin,
gender, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, (except those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law).