- Experience Level
Title: Accounting Specialist
Location: Atlanta, Georgia (on-site)
Reports to: GMC Executive Director (Atlanta)
Anticipated Start Date: March 2017
Type: Part-time, 8-12hours a week on average
Gray Matters Capital
How to Apply: http://bit.ly/GMCinvestmentanalyst
Gray Matters Capital (GMC) is an impact investing foundation founded by Bob Pattillo that invests in extraordinary entrepreneurs around the world. GMC’s mission is to achieve "An education leading to a purpose filled life for 100 Million Women by 2036." Today, GMC enterprises reach millions of underserved families, women and children across Asia and Latin America through the creation of innovative and affordable education products and services and by providing access to capital.
The scale and the use of business practices with social enterprises makes GMC one of the leaders in impact investing. Our history includes starting Gray Ghost Ventures, the Short Term Liquidity Fund, Gray Ghost Microfinance Fund, GGV Doen Cooperatief, First Light Ventures, Indian School Finance Company, Gray Matters School Rating System, Gray Matters Kenya, Village Capital and IDEX Global Fellowship. To learn more about our work, please visit www.graymatterscap.com.
The Accounting Specialist will provide accounting support to major financial accounting areas, including accounts payable, general ledger accounting, and account reconciliation. This position performs specialized bookkeeping and accounting duties to support the GMC Team. This position may perform specialized recordkeeping, reconciliation, and compliance activities for an Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll, Travel, or General Accounting. The Accounting Specialist performs tasks of moderate complexity which include preparing accounting forms and paperwork for approval by others, processing and auditing transactions, running system queries, preparing accounting reports, monitoring daily/continuous accounting activity, and answering internal and external customer questions.
Key Tasks and Duties
- Record payments received and accounts receivable.
- Recommend financial policies and update/revise the accounting policies & procedures manual;
- Code all invoices, check requests and reimbursements in the accounting system
- Reconcile Bank and Investment (India and ATL) accounts monthly
- Manage monthly and quarterly invoicing
- Develop and maintain reports and files on the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
- Oversee monthly wire requests (domestic and international)
- Prepare monthly payment requests for approval by Executive Director
- Monitor monthly Cashflow
- Allocate/enter payroll in QuickBooks
- Generate monthly financial reports
- Updating and maintaining vendor files.
- Preparing check run for mailing and distribution.
- Submit bi-monthly payroll to ADP
- Assist with yearly audit preparation
- Prepare and mailing annual Form 1099/1096 for independent contractors.
- Delivery of bank deposits
- Process monthly employee reimbursements and credit card statements
- Update and maintain recurring expense reimbursement list
- Other duties as assigned.
- BSc/Ba in accounting, finance or relevant field
- Fine-tuned communication skills and attention to detail
- Qualifications (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) is a plus but not required
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and familiarity with relevant computer software
- Excellent organizing abilities
- Self-starter attitude to achieve targets independently