Fundraising Coordinator - Healthcare Foundation Donor Relations
- Experience Level
JOHN MUIR HEALTH FOUNDATION
FUNDRAISING/DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR, DONOR RELATIONS & PROGRAMS
John Muir Health Foundation is an independent 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to inspiring and stewarding philanthropic support for all programs, services and facilities of John Muir Health. Charitable gifts to the Foundation help John Muir Health further its mission to improve the health of the community it serves by providing vital funds for patient services, clinical research, health and educational programs, lifesaving medical equipment, leading-edge technology, and health care services for those in need.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
The Development Coordinator, Donor Relations & Programs works directly with and reports to both the Director of Donor Relations & Events and the Director of Annual Programs & Communications to ensure the successful planning, execution, evaluation and continued enhancement of all donor engagement and stewardship activities of John Muir Health Foundation. This new fundraising position will be essential to ensuring the optimization of acknowledgement, recognition and cultivation activities, communications and programs for donors and other key audiences. Responsibilities range from heavy data and list management to the development of special projects involving donors, prospects, John Muir Health employees, volunteers, and the general public.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS INCLUDE:
- Donor and Prospect Engagement: Assist with the development and implementation of a multi-channel communications program to gain information about donors’ and prospects’ philanthropic interests at John Muir Health. Interact with grateful patients, donors, prospects and other constituents in person, online, by phone or mail to learn of their experience with John Muir Health. Coordinate and manage communications, track and analyze results, and initiate appropriate follow-up actions.
- Donor Relations: Serve as central liaison between donors and John Muir Health Foundation and John Muir Health. Provide excellent customer service by accommodating donors’ special needs and requests as appropriate.
- Donor Stewardship: Manage donor acknowledgement letters and various donor and prospect correspondence programs. Coordinate the development of donor impact reports and other donor communication materials.
- Donor Recognition: Manage donor recognition programs, annual donor listings and ensure accuracy of names for recognition. Work with Foundation staff to manage and meet donor expectations regarding recognition. Monitor naming opportunities and other permanent donor recognition throughout the John Muir Health organization.
- Data Management: Work with Foundation database manager to ensure timely, accurate production of donor and prospect lists and reports. Accurately record and track all donor and prospect activity in The Raiser’s Edge. Generate and manage weekly donor/prospect activity reports and monitor follow-up actions.
- Event Support: Support Foundation activities and events. Assist with event check-in, troubleshooting and attend to guests’ special needs and requests as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required.
2. A minimum of 3 yrs. professional fundraising experience, preferably for a health or health-related organization. Experience in high-level customer service, donor stewardship or public relations highly desired.
3. Excellent communication skills required, both verbally and in writing, with strong customer service orientation. Must have ability to communicate effectively and professionally with a wide variety of constituents.
4. Accuracy and speed using Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Must have advanced knowledge and high comfort level generating reports, budgets and performing data entry, list management, and mail merge.
5. Database management experience desired. Knowledge of The Raiser’s Edge or other fundraising software a plus.
6. Ability to work well both independently and collaboratively with a high degree of professionalism.
7. Ability to effectively multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
8. Excellent reading, writing, research and editing skills with impeccable attention to detail.
9. Strong work ethic with initiative to creatively solve problems, improve efficiencies and exceed expectations.
10. Must have transportation and availability to work some nights and weekends as needed.
11. Must be able to lift 50 lbs. and have the ability to stand for extended periods of time.
Send current resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Development Coordinator DRP”. No calls please.
More jobs like this
- Full Time Philanthropy / Social Responsibility Customer Service / Retail jobs in Walnut Creek
- Full Time Philanthropy / Social Responsibility Development / Fundraising jobs in Walnut Creek
- Full Time Philanthropy / Social Responsibility Health / Medical jobs in Walnut Creek
- Full Time Philanthropy / Social Responsibility Marketing / Communications jobs in Walnut Creek
- Full Time Philanthropy / Social Responsibility Program / Project Management jobs in Walnut Creek